Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Hundreds of women assaulted in German NYE celebrations

I gave up engaging on any thread which CR was also on quite a while ago - whether it be LGBT rights or feminism, etc. The drip-drip of sexism, the obsessional homophobia, as well as moments of dodgy racism/fascism have been there from the very beginning, and really very consistently. He's been called out on stuff regularly and rather than taking a step back and perhaps reflecting on what he says, just ups the attitude. One thread a while back, it might not look much from a naked eye, but coming at a time where I was feeling quite low, stuff he said just made me feel like packing in posting here entirely.

I editted a previous post to this effect because I didn't really want to draw more focus to CR and I'd rather the thread be salvaged some life, but what I originally posted some pages ago was how CR's seemingly new found self-appointed role of concern/protector of women in this terrible NYE situation was quite nauseating given the history of shit he's said on other threads discussing rape, feminism, etc. Posters coming with careful, nuanced discussion on sensitive issues and then CR steamrollering through them, especially towards women. And then there's his desire for graphically describing how bad a rape/assault/act of violence must have been for the victim, which I'm sure I'm not the only one to notice. It's grim bordering on pathological.

I don't neccessarily blame newish/more transient posters for wanting to 'play the ball, not the man' or consider a poster as having a 'clean sheet' on each thread, but really it doesn't work like that. We all have histories across this forum and past attitudes and positions on stuff does have relevance when we post. That includes me like anyone but I like to think where I have made offensive/ill-though comments and opinion I've learned from them and apologised/corrected myself when that's been called out. I've never seen CR do this once.

CR is a selfish, arrogant, self-centred cunt with repeatedly dodgy opinions which he fails to 'own'. I'm sorry if the person you've met Spy is a different one, but having not met him, his posts are all we can go on. And posters are not exaggerating when they point out it's not just the occassional misventure.

This thread:

ORETsvC.gif

CRB might not be a Strasserite as narrowly defined, or a bona fide Nazi, but his posts have had more than hints of the far-right nationalism with its 'culturally' reformulated racism that has taken off in recent years as more broadly third-positionist politics has changed. And on the Ukraine thread the regularity in which he's been praising fascists as being anything but with far-right youth and 'intellectuals' visiting 'Novorossiya' (Alexander Dugin's 'post-third positionist' geopolitical project is what the cool kids of the far-right are into at the mo), it becomes very suspect indeed. This is more than a crude anti-imperialism.

You need to read that thread then as i have never ever said that i hate russians or given anyone cause to think that. Im not just accusing him of this for no reason.

I said that I hate Russia - note, not Russians - on that thread, and I explained why - because of what the Tsarist empire did to Jews, and because of what the (Russia-dominated) Soviet Union did to Ukraine.

I said that I hate Russia - note, not Russians - on that thread, and I explained why - because of what the Tsarist empire did to Jews, and because of what the (Russia-dominated) Soviet Union did to Ukraine.

I'm pretty sure a certain person has a tendency to lapse into "I hate the Brits" on the odd occasion, but presumably irish beef is OK whereas jewish beef is not, on account of its jewishness.

DW.Com is reporting that rockets and fireworks were fired at the famous Cologne Cathedral for many hours, what was that about, attacking symbols of Christianity, vandalism?, an area thats needs examining.
post by post your real conservatism becomes apparent: your agreement with the principle of taking money from refugees, your thatcherite 'tina', this post... you're a tory, treelover, and you'd be four-square behind cameron if it wasn't for ids's dwp.

DW.Com is reporting that rockets and fireworks were fired at the famous Cologne Cathedral for many hours, what was that about, attacking symbols of Christianity, vandalism?, an area thats needs examining.

Is this actually intended as a serious question, or is it meant to be some kind of wry satirical comment on all the nonsense spouted around this issue?

Back
Top Bottom