Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

How many of us anarcho types are left here then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i dunno if they have really. i thought we'd just got rid of the swappies, the swappie-lites and a bunch of bitter and confused old moaners.

well ive been lurking here for forever now....im kind of anarchist, but came up as a social libertarian(?) on a recent political compass thing...

anyway labels and bottles an all that ;)

How many left?

Interesting question.
I'm still here, not that I've proberbly cropped up on anyones radar before.
But surely it's not all that strict is it? Can't people post on both?

soam said:
well ive been lurking here for forever now....im kind of anarchist, but came up as a social libertarian(?) on a recent political compass thing...

anyway labels and bottles an all that ;)

I think that social libertarians are what anarchists turn into when they start actually running things.

aurora green said:
Interesting question.
I'm still here, not that I've proberbly cropped up on anyones radar before.
But surely it's not all that strict is it? Can't people post on both?

people are free to post on both, although with threads on TG lambasting people for being stupid enough to contribute to the server fund, for example, it's not being made very easy for them.

bluestreak said:
i dunno if they have really. i thought we'd just got rid of the swappies, the swappie-lites and a bunch of bitter and confused old moaners.

Don't think any of us 'Swappies' have gone to the 'other place'. Not even sure that any of us would be permitted entry.

In Bloom said:
Seems like quite a few have gone to that 'other place' lately :eek:

:rolleyes:

Well, I'm still browsing here, and will still post if anything motivates me to, but I can't say I'll be posting here much. All the people that made p+p interesting have left, and I've not got a lot to discuss with most of the people on here now.

When I first started posting on urban (October 2001) it was really fucking cool, I learnt a lot from it, and really enjoyed posting here, but the boards have changed so much since then. I think they've been a victim of their own success, they just aren't as interesting as they used to be, it's a shame, but that's life I suppose.

:)

Groucho said:
Don't think any of us 'Swappies' have gone to the 'other place'. Not even sure that any of us would be permitted entry.

everyone is permitted entry provided they want to contribute in some form...see mattkids post as proof that swappies are indeed welcome... :)

jimmer said:
Mattkidd's not a Swappie any more though is he! They forced him out!

wouldn't swear allegiance to the party? asked too many questions? didn't sell enough papers?

Dubversion said:
people are free to post on both, although with threads on TG lambasting people for being stupid enough to contribute to the server fund, for example, it's not being made very easy for them.

It is very easy to ignore it if like me your really not close to any of it, I guess if you know some of the characters off line it could be more difficult. That said I hardly post there but the politics forum is a very interesting/informative read.

jimmer said:
Well, I'm still browsing here, and will still post if anything motivates me to, but I can't say I'll be posting here much. All the people that made p+p interesting have left, and I've not got a lot to discuss with most of the people on here now.

When I first started posting on urban (October 2001) it was really fucking cool, I learnt a lot from it, and really enjoyed posting here, but the boards have changed so much since then. I think they've been a victim of their own success, they just aren't as interesting as they used to be, it's a shame, but that's life I suppose.
:)

Yep- well said.

There are still some interesting posters left here (I mean political types) for sure (Bernie Gunther for example)- but most of the people who were interesting to me have left. C'est la vie. Boards are often like that- go through renaissance periods and then go into almost hegemonic over-reach, dilution etc.

chegrimandi said:
everyone is permitted entry provided they want to contribute in some form...see mattkids post as proof that swappies are indeed welcome... :)

But if they step out of line or dare to point out remarkable levels of hypocrisy expect the warm welcome to turn into a frosty goodbye into the gulag.

In all fairness, unless you're one of the dozen or two dozen people (at most) who have been involved in the recent outbreak of squabbling I don't see that it's at all difficult to post both here and on the "other place". Both have their good points and their weaknesses, their interesting posters and their idiots.

In all fairness, unless you're one of the dozen or two dozen people (at most) who have been involved in the recent outbreak of squabbling I don't see that it's at all difficult to post both here and on the "other place". Both have their good points and their weaknesses, their interesting posters and their idiots.

Yeah you being an idiot...... :D

Only jokin'......i agree if you're outside the bun fight you can easily post on both.....

Kid_Eternity said:
But if they step out of line or dare to point out remarkable levels of hypocrisy expect the warm welcome to turn into a frosty goodbye into the gulag.

Your starting point is flawed in that it assumes most of us give a flying fuck about the "hypocrisy" or otherwise of moderating policies on internet bulletin boards. I doubt if most of the posters on any board do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom