Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

How Many Loaves Of Bread Do You ...

Loves Of Bread Per Person, Per Week?

• Total voters
3 loaves a week between 2, mainly for mr moose's monster toast habit in the morning and as a 'second tea' at around 10pm.
We buy the kind that doesn't keep, though, so some gets binned

deep-fry it and then we'll be talking.

My mate once deep friend lasagne :facepalm:

I don't eat shop bought bread, make my own and it usually lasts a week or so, not sure tbh. Only have one slice a day for toast in the morning. Having had to have sandwiches for lunch every day I school I really DON'T like sandwiches anymore.

I think Nimble did use to be circular marty, my mum used to eat it. Nimble was the one with the hot air balloon ad when we were young aye?? She flies like a bird in the sky is springing to mind :hmm:

My mate once deep friend lasagne :facepalm:

I don't eat shop bought bread, make my own and it usually lasts a week or so, not sure tbh. Only have one slice a day for toast in the morning. Having had to have sandwiches for lunch every day I school I really DON'T like sandwiches anymore.

I think Nimble did use to be circular marty, my mum used to eat it. Nimble was the one with the hot air balloon ad when we were young aye?? She flies like a bird in the sky is springing to mind :hmm:

thank you!!!

My daughter has one piece a day for her sandwich at school and sometimes has a piece of toast in the morning.
My son has toast at the weekends sometimes - and then he can go on a mini toast binge and do three pieces in one sitting.
I have a single piece at a time - toast or an open sandwich thing sometimes for brekky or lunch - but there again I might have something completely different. :hmm:
Sometimes I have half a wholemeal pitta instead if I've got hummus or dhal or something around.
Mind you, if we're off out for a day and I make sandwiches that's much more like half a loaf gone in one go.
This is a very, very hard question, tbh. :mad:

I'm going to plump for an average of ONE between the three of us. :cool:

Nah, it's just not very dense, a bit like danish bread.
016485.jpg

Hovis Wheatgerm is similar for calories/fat but IMO tastes better.

By myself, I have trouble getting through a loaf of bread in a week. It's different if I have something like a sourdough, or an olive loaf. That I'll eat just by themselves. Regular bread doesn't form much of my diet.

How are you having all this bread, NVP? Lightly toasted, left to cool, heavily buttered with Rose's Lime Marmalade smeared on? That's how it's done.

You very nearly got it right. You need to get the butter on whilst it's still hot.

B+

Normally 2 loaves between three of us in a week. It depends on what I've made. I like a dense, nutty, seedy thing every so often but they don't get eaten by the other two quite as quickly. I think fluffy oatmeal and white sourdough go the fastest and we could probably go through an extra loaf a week if I made those exclusively.

Then there was the day I made a dozen bagels and they all went the same day!

Probably one per week per head in our gaff. We do chuck some pittas, wraps, rolls and such in the mix though.

2 per week until last week, when I got my BREAD MAKER OH YES.

And since then, I've been making 2 per day (except Monday, when I only made 1).

I bought a loaf this morning. Over half of it has already gone and the only person who has been near it is my son...so I reckon he's the main consumer of bread here.

None for approximately 3 months I reckon.

Does pitta count or german rye...

Lost over two stone so bread is currently "evil eats" in my book

I came to the conclusion a while ago that I am a breadoholic. If there is bread in the house I cannot rest until it's been scoffed. Doesn't matter whether it's artisan bread made by shy virgins at dawn in the dewy meadows of a pastoral glade or mass produced cottonwool Chorleywood process bread from a factory in the arsehole of a scummy industrial estate in outer Scruffstown. It all goes down the same way. Quickly.

So now I ration myself at the weekend to two really nice barmcakes from a good bakery.

I suppose that means I eat the equivalent of one loaf a month; something like that. It also means I weigh looooooooooooooads less than when I'd easily eat a loaf a day. Funnily enough. :D

Back
Top Bottom