Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Hopefully Sean 'Diddy' Combs' time is up

Sweet FA

✪ Three rounds Lord, in my .44 ✪
The story's been out there for years; openly talked about on social media for at least the last 9 months.

Latest + links to previous news: Sean 'Diddy' Combs : An 11th accuser comes forward as rap mogul awaits trial

Combs has known/partied with pretty much everyone in US rap/hiphop/sports/politics for the last 25 odd years. His every move/friendship/photo/film for the last quarter century are now being pored over for 'signs'.

He's going to say it was all consensual isn't he? Then hound the women; throw money at it; backed up by all the other men at the parties.

I hope I'm wrong and he goes down for a very long time.

Justin Bieber has gone to ground apparently
There is a video interview of him with Usher and Combs when he was 15 ... fucking scary how they were talking to him..

I hope he does serious time. Played a major role in selling out rap too. I can't think of a bigger sell out in the scene. Absolutely no surprise that he's a grade a Chianti
I am ignorant of rap music.

“I can't think of a bigger sell out in the scene.”

What do you mean by that?

I am ignorant of rap music.

“I can't think of a bigger sell out in the scene.”

What do you mean by that?
There was a time up to 1995 I would say, that to call someone a sell out was a huge slur. MC Hammer for example got so much grief for taking rap into pop music. LL Cool J was half respected but was ultimately a pop sell out. Then the likes of Combes came along and did bottom common denominator music with sex sells on top and destroyed the culture

There was a time up to 1995 I would say, that to call someone a sell out was a huge slur. MC Hammer for example got so much grief for taking rap into pop music. LL Cool J was half respected but was ultimately a pop sell out. Then the likes of Combes came along and did bottom common denominator music with sex sells on top and destroyed the culture
Let's focus on the real issues eh.

Ffs.

I think he’ll be convicted fairly easily. The court of public opinion is already firmly against him. Nobody is coming to his defence. The video of him viciously beating his ex-girlfriend is appalling and his apology’ widely mocked. He was denied bail despite offering to pay a huge bond. And I doubt he’s some master criminal, more likely an arrogant celebrity who thought he could act with impunity. The FBI raids on his home would have found a paper trail and I suspect they’ll easily be able to flip numerous diddy affiliates. And then there will be the discovery evidence coming out of the multiple civil suits filed against him. There’s also the testimony of his numerous purported victims too of course. You’d like to think that would count for something, but I put that last because we know that, unfortunately, the survivors of sexual violence are all to often not given much credibility in the criminal justice system.

Glad this was brought up and quite frankly, surprised there wasn't a thread on it earlier. His alleged crimes are horrifying and hopefully he and his enablers and fellow alleged abusers will face justice.

(Am also concerned that those who have always had it in for hip hop and the hip hop community will use this as a stick to beat the whole art form with.)

Side note but I get a sense that part of the reason Diddy has so little support amongst his generation of hip hop artists is because he’s alleged to have sexually abused men as well as women (see e.g this). Diddy’s generation of commercial hip hop artists was very homophobic. Sadly I think a lot of the loss of support for him from his peers stems from homophobia rather than the fact that was likely a violent sexual abuser.

Remember reading Andre Harrell, Russell Simmons and Clive Davis (record company moguls Diddy was 'mentored' by on his way up) were sketchy as fuck. Suge Knight's a source so take it with a pinch of salt obviously.

Jaden Smith (Will Smiths son) claims P Diddy has loads of tunnels under the house. He was brought there by his parents...one of the reasons he has distanced himself from both of his parents.
And I doubt he’s some master criminal, more likely an arrogant celebrity

Here is the indictment..it details decades of crime

The indictment alleged that Combs used his businesses, including Bad Boy Entertainment, Combs Enterprises, and Combs Global, to facilitate a variety of crimes such as sex trafficking, forced labor, kidnapping, arson, bribery and obstruction of justice.

Back
Top Bottom