Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Hillsborough: 30 years and still no justice

It seems like yesterday that I was repairing a huge dumper truck on the A630 halfway between Doncaster and Sheffield. And this long stream of ambulances were hurtling passed me and my mate. We thought it was a bus crash or something like that. Devastated when I got home. My brother in law was there in the Forest end on the East Bank. He never mentions it.
Justice for the 96.

It's been a very interesting day in this house if I'm honest Fedayn .

It's been my wife's eldest sons 30th birthday today and he's here tonight with his two sisters and we are here celebrating it with his mam and it's all good.

I started the day with the annual call round to my best mate house who's a survivor and who struggles with this day every year. I then took a trip to the ground to lay flowers which I do on my own each year like I did the day after the actual disaster. I can't comment on Duckenfield and stuff like that these days, I've kind of had enough. Phil Scraton and the independent panel brought about enough justice for many people and It is time to move on which is what a lot of the families want since the panel brought them closure. Coppers going to prison for things they did 30 years ago is just pipe dreams to be honest, I can't see it happening but we've made that cunts life account and his place in history is written. That'll do. There's no victory in condemning him to the same sort of suffocating place the 96 spent their dying moments..

Let them rest now. In our hearts and in hope that this would never happen again.

Walk on the 96, with hope in your hearts, you'll never walk alone xx

scarvess.jpg

I know it doesn't bring anyone back, or reduce the grief or the anger but, along with the tireless commitment by the families of those who died to get justice, I've always felt in awe of the people of Liverpool, how the whole city came together to object to the filthy lies from The Sun, how they've never, ever let those lost lives be forgotten.

RIP

Definitely true, I was there. Utterly bizarre, let united fans out of the stand after the game, only to pen them into an even smaller area outside right in front of it where the Wednesday fans were streaming past. Kids there scared shitless, batons on anyone unlucky enough to be at the front (on both sides but at least we could get out of there). The more cunty part of our fan base didn't exactly help but that's predictable and completely the polices fault.

Even Sheffield United fans don't deserve that :(

Causing a crush at the Leppings Lane End. Im just gobsmacked. I mean you'd think.. I mean.

I give up.

Back
Top Bottom