Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Herne Hill news, chitter chatter and gossip

Calm down. I’m sorry I upset you.

I shall remove the ‘like’

Would it be possible for editor to put us on mutual ignore? I would very much like that
You're proving quite a handful for a new poster. I strongly suggest you do not respond or refer to any of Gramsci's posts from now on.

What happened? Traffic collision? I heard the sirens.
There were armed police in a patrol car in Brockwell Park yesterday afternoon and three police cars parked nearby plus a helicopter overhead. Something serious had clearly gone down.

Local shops getting together to offer their services online

Does anyone know if any shops have bread flour in stock? I tried Hamilton, costcutters, little shop near fourways pharmacy and Tescos? other shops had queues so I didn't venture in.

And local businesses direct buying:

I covered them too! There's one coming for Brixton soon too. Great idea.

The Florence is closing as well. I got an email.

I see a pub in Nunhead is selling off kegs for £80

Quick shop report from my walk today, early afternoon:

Herne Hill DIY shop is serving people from the doorway.

The greengrocers, Duggards and the bakery next door are all well stocked and restricting the numbers of customers in the shop at any one time. No queues.

There were queues outside both tesco and sainsburys. Could see if they had much stock in (I avoid both those shops anyway, certainly would queue for them)

The Newsagents is open - stocked with milk, juice and softdrinks as well as other bits and bobs (most drinks are cheaper there than in those 'super'markets)

The plastic free shop was closed - not sure if this is permanent or temp.

Glad to see the Hammy has poster on the door warning against GREED, no restrictions on old people's shopping and that NHS workers with ID can have a discount.

Mostly I went from shop to shop asking from the doorways 'have you got any flour?' and it was a 'no' from Duggards, Sesame and the small shop next to Fourways pharmacy. But hooray! I was able to buy some self raising flour at the Hammy - so no home made bread yet but yippee cake for tea! Has the entire world suddenly taken up baking?

Quick shop report from my walk today, early afternoon:

Herne Hill DIY shop is serving people from the doorway.

The greengrocers, Duggards and the bakery next door are all well stocked and restricting the numbers of customers in the shop at any one time. No queues.

There were queues outside both tesco and sainsburys. Could see if they had much stock in (I avoid both those shops anyway, certainly would queue for them)

The Newsagents is open - stocked with milk, juice and softdrinks as well as other bits and bobs (most drinks are cheaper there than in those 'super'markets)

The plastic free shop was closed - not sure if this is permanent or temp.

Glad to see the Hammy has poster on the door warning against GREED, no restrictions on old people's shopping and that NHS workers with ID can have a discount.

Mostly I went from shop to shop asking from the doorways 'have you got any flour?' and it was a 'no' from Duggards, Sesame and the small shop next to Fourways pharmacy. But hooray! I was able to buy some self raising flour at the Hammy - so no home made bread yet but yippee cake for tea! Has the entire world suddenly taken up baking?
if you're still looking for bread flour the Brixton Wholefoods has 16kg sacks of flour in stock as of 5.30 this afternoon, no queues and a one in one out door policy

Back
Top Bottom