Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Herne Hill news, chitter chatter and gossip

None of us knows who did the graffiti. It's pointless to speculate. However, we do appear to know who didn't do it, as they have been cleared of suspicion by the police.

We also know that the bar owners appear to understand the pain of aggressive persecution and the importance of community and neighbour support in recovering from that.

It's nice of them to offer free drinks to anyone and everyone who can get there before 8 but it would be far more generous and meaningful to offer words of support to their neighbour who also has every right to be feeling violated and bewildered, yet probably not feeling quite so inspired and hopeful just now.

The lack of even an acknowledgement makes all the community blather coming from them sound terribly hollow.
hollow? seriously?

So it was an unknown tourist that happened to have a spray can with them. Okay then.

Who just happened to be staying in the flat upstairs

.....owned by who????

There's a guy defending the teacher on FB (claiming to be his friend) talking up all kinds of things, but also giving lots away...on the Shit London page...

...appear to understand the pain of aggressive persecution....
Morrissey+Tipical+Moz+on+stage.jpg

so what would be good enough for you? the commenters eating their words in front of the Ritzy?

them on their hand and knees outside the neighbours flat begging for his forgiveness?
More unhelpful hyperbole!
Round of applause to you for adding absolutely nothing to the discussion.

I'm going to make the OTC Bar the featured club night of the fortnight in the next issue of the Lambeth Weekender. I think they deserve some sort of recognition for steadfastly sticking at it.

Graffiti-gate just hit the bbc news!

If it's last night's BBC London prog you mean, I missed the item and can't find it through Google nor iPlayer so does anyone have a link? Tks.

I'm going to make the OTC Bar the featured club night of the fortnight in the next issue of the Lambeth Weekender. I think they deserve some sort of recognition for steadfastly sticking at it.
Did they give you a free drink or 3?

Cyril the squirrel has been released - but seems reluctant to leave his deluxe Herne Hill pad... Elaine is secretly delighted!
He'll be joining the others living in my roof in no time. It's sometimes like I've woken up in a scene of The Babadook.

Cyril the squirrel has been released - but seems reluctant to leave his deluxe Herne Hill pad... Elaine is secretly delighted!

I had them coming into the flat through the windows a couple of years ago. They used to come in, wreck the place and fuck off.

I cornered one in the kitchen armed with a brush but that did not end awfully well as it went mental. :rolleyes: I chased it round the flat for a bit and I manage to lock it in the bathroom eventually and was too paranoid to go in there for the rest of the night. It must have left via the window as it was not there in the morning. :confused:

They proper kick off. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Back
Top Bottom