Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Herne Hill news, chitter chatter and gossip

And then this line:

"we have issued a public apology and are deeply sorry for the actions, others have taken upon themselves to find justice, in relation to this petition."

Er, what? Sounds a bit like 'we started this but can't be held responsible for any of the fallout'.

This excellent post by "Marsha Frey" on the petition site nails it firmly:

The individual behind this petition is a born idiot. You have the nerve to say to Thomas

" you have been found to be an innocent man and we have issued a public apology and are deeply sorry for the actions, others have taken upon themselves to find justice, in relation to this petition."

The action of others? You mean YOUR ACTIONS!! You were the one's who spread hearsay as fact, encouraging the abuse, and now it's blown up in your face. Prepare to be sued.

"Tom Thurnham" - It's Turnham.

Did anything come out in the various interviews with the teacher? I didn't see any of them.

Did they shed any light on the story being circulated that, although he was cleared, the graffiti was carried out by tourists staying at his flat whom he claims not to know?

Is this all about the internet and not real life ?????

If I was a primary school teacher I'd make sure people couldn't attack/troll me anyway.

Edit: good response from the Head Teacher on the schools website

Last edited:
This excellent post by "Marsha Frey" on the petition site nails it firmly:

The individual behind this petition is a born idiot. You have the nerve to say to Thomas

" you have been found to be an innocent man and we have issued a public apology and are deeply sorry for the actions, others have taken upon themselves to find justice, in relation to this petition."

The action of others? You mean YOUR ACTIONS!! You were the one's who spread hearsay as fact, encouraging the abuse, and now it's blown up in your face. Prepare to be sued.

"Tom Thurnham" - It's Turnham.
Quite. There's one from a Ben Clasper too (click on 'latest') which is rather a robust in its criticism.

Is this all about the internet and not real life ?????

If I was a primary school teacher I'd make sure people couldn't attack/troll me anyway.

How would you do that? It's not possible is it?

And I don't think you can separate the internet from 'real life' either (in general, but particularly here). If he's named online as doing something like this what's he supposed to say when people in real life talk to him about it, 'it doesn't count it's just the internet'?

The difference on the internet with a case like this is that the context becomes the internet rather the school and postcode in question.

As the Head Teacher points out all manner of loons from Huddersfield and crazed mental health workers jump on this. The ability to pin it on him and adverse is exponentially magnified.

Had a delicious spinach and cream cheese pasty from the Blackbird Bakery. The coffee wasn't so good but still decent :thumbs:

In other Herne Hill news, a bunch of Neapolitans are opening a pizza place on Dulwich Rd, complete with wood-fired oven. They tell me they're opening next week. This is a Good Thing. Milkwood was packed when I passed at around 12 today.

In the old plumbers? Got a flyer for something opening on Norwood Road too today - food & drink but I forget what. Next to the children's play place. The lido & park were busy today.

That's some sort of coffee parlour on Norwood Road. Good luck to them but I think you need to sell good food to succeed in HH.

That's some sort of coffee parlour on Norwood Road. Good luck to them but I think you need to sell good food to succeed in HH.
It's called The Parlour, I think. Met the owner (or one of the two) in the park. Teacher until very recently. Seemed very nice.

It's called The Parlour, I think. Met the owner (or one of the two) in the park. Teacher until very recently. Seemed very nice.
I think that's the one opening in the old Ladbrokes
Agree with you, I think HH has plenty of coffee so figure they'll need to be special

In the old plumbers? Got a flyer for something opening on Norwood Road too today - food & drink but I forget what. Next to the children's play place. The lido & park were busy today.

Almost on the corner, near the barber's shop and Dial-A-Pizza.

Best coffee in Herne Hill by quite a long way is from the Arcade Cafe in the railway tunnel, run by a very nice Moroccan chap called Mustafa. In the afternoons his mate Mohammed is in charge, but Mustafa makes slightly better coffee. Apparently staff from Blackbird and Sesami both get their coffee from him as it's much better than the stuff sold in either establishment. I agree.

. Milkwood was packed when I passed at around 12 today.
And a lot earlier too!
Two things have Herne Hill buzzing from 9.30. People doing the parkrun all go for coffee and hang around for an hour. Then parents whose kids go to South London Dance School have an hour to kill and will go to Milkwood, Blackbird. And then at 12 you get the normal people just moseying down for lunch, drinks etc. It's non-stop.

And a lot earlier too!
Two things have Herne Hill buzzing from 9.30. People doing the parkrun all go for coffee and hang around for an hour. Then parents whose kids go to South London Dance School have an hour to kill and will go to Milkwood, Blackbird. And then at 12 you get the normal people just moseying down for lunch, drinks etc. It's non-stop.

And yet, hilariously, Off The Cuff remains ghost-town deserted through it all :D

A Metropolitan Police spokesman said: “Detectives believe that the suspect is not, as previously stated, one of a group of overseas tourists who were staying at a flat nearby
Well, that's going to spoil a few conspiracy theories that were floating around.

Back
Top Bottom