Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Herne Hill news, chitter chatter and gossip

I only came on to say that my nephew went to dulwich hamlet and it was a state school but see things have moved on. Still, underlines how quick people are to take things they read online as being true with no evidence

yep, story started on front paged, continued on page 7...
I can see why tbh. Teacher = instantly sympathetic central character. Racism = always gets headlines. Twitter = fills their social media reporting quotient. Plus it all links to a national article so potentially ups their click through scores. I'm not a journalist (obviously) but I'd have thought that was media gold

From the comments

Milly253

OK Everyone - My husband owes Dee Dee's and I can no longer read and listen to all of this without commenting. What everyone seems to have lost sight of is that the Owner and staff at the Bar are the victims of this racial hatred. Whilst I can empathise with Mr Turnham, here are some 'facts' that you may not be aware of and that may shed a different light of this awful situation. At no point in this ordeal has the owner or staff made any comments about this event - nor have they released the CCTV footage to the Press even though they were hounded for it - it has only been shown to the police. The footage shows a person coming from the direction of the entrance to the flats above the bar. They then go to the front of the terrance and it appears they are spraying graffiti - they then return to said doorway. This information was put out on the net so you can see why all the finger pointing has taken place. The facts are; that the 'supposed' tourist that the police are hunting for where supposed to have been staying in the flat above the bar - my husband has been informed that the owner of the flat above the bar rented his flat out but does not know who he rented it to? The person who owns this flat, that was rented to the tourist has never been interviewed by the police? I am not pointing the finger at anyone - however, there appears to be some unanswered questions here. Can I also state for the record that Dee Dee's which has been established for over three years now - has never once been under review for noise or any other 'illegal' activities with he local council as some people would have you believe.

From the comments

E2A - still getting to grips with quoting/replying, but...

Does airbnb give the owner of a flat the details of anyone who rents it for a weekend (presumably not)?

If the person who owns the bar didn't share the cctv footage, then how come a bunch of people from Huddersfield had it so they could start a petition on change.org? Do all the flats upstairs have cameras installed?

There are a lot of things that don't stack up about this.

Last edited:
From the comments

Milly253

OK Everyone - My husband owes Dee Dee's and I can no longer read and listen to all of this without commenting. What everyone seems to have lost sight of is that the Owner and staff at the Bar are the victims of this racial hatred. Whilst I can empathise with Mr Turnham, here are some 'facts' that you may not be aware of and that may shed a different light of this awful situation. At no point in this ordeal has the owner or staff made any comments about this event - nor have they released the CCTV footage to the Press even though they were hounded for it - it has only been shown to the police. The footage shows a person coming from the direction of the entrance to the flats above the bar. They then go to the front of the terrance and it appears they are spraying graffiti - they then return to said doorway. This information was put out on the net so you can see why all the finger pointing has taken place. The facts are; that the 'supposed' tourist that the police are hunting for where supposed to have been staying in the flat above the bar - my husband has been informed that the owner of the flat above the bar rented his flat out but does not know who he rented it to? The person who owns this flat, that was rented to the tourist has never been interviewed by the police? I am not pointing the finger at anyone - however, there appears to be some unanswered questions here. Can I also state for the record that Dee Dee's which has been established for over three years now - has never once been under review for noise or any other 'illegal' activities with he local council as some people would have you believe.
So? Are they trying to hint it's the teacher? Or just confirm it happened and wasn't photoshopped as the mad head teacher suggested? I really don't see the point- it was racist so people accused of a crime that could cost them their jobs and result in death threats can't express their distress?

Does airbnb give the owner of a flat the details of anyone who rents it for a weekend (presumably not)?

If the person who owns the bar didn't share the cctv footage, then how come a bunch of people from Huddersfield had it so they could start a petition on change.org? Do all the flats upstairs have cameras installed?

They didn't have the footage. They launched the petition based on hearsay. They have stepped back from the accusation they made but have still not apologised. They are now attacking the headmaster.

https://www.change.org/p/sonia-case...-racist-vandalism-on-dee-dee-s-bar-herne-hill

Airbnb gives the name, mobile number and email address of the person who books it, Airbnb also have enough info about the people booking through their site to make the life of the slackest plod really easy

They didn't have the footage. They launched the petition based on hearsay. They have stepped back from the accusation they made but have still not apologised. They are now attacking the headmaster.

https://www.change.org/p/sonia-case...-racist-vandalism-on-dee-dee-s-bar-herne-hill
Enjoying the 'we removed your name Mr actual name but we will continue to use your actual name'

Whole thing is totally fubar. Really hope for all concerned dibble deal with this properly.

This story is a bit nuts but it seems odd the teacher chose to live above the bar and now has the arrogance to start complaining (along with others) to the council about noise.

This story is a bit nuts but it seems odd the teacher chose to live above the bar and now has the arrogance to start complaining (along with others) to the council about noise.
If that happened. We don't know whether he lives above or opposite: we don't know when he moved in: we don't know whether he has made any complaints: we don't know whether the noise from the venue has changed. We know fuck all, but mud has been chucked and some is apparently sticking

If that happened. We don't know whether he lives above or opposite: we don't know when he moved in: we don't know whether he has made any complaints: we don't know whether the noise from the venue has changed. We know fuck all, but mud has been chucked and some is apparently sticking

The news story does state he is one of the neighbours complaining about noise...

Is it not that he has objected to an extension of the closing time due to noise concerns, not about the existing noise? I think that's fair enough.

Maybe someone is trying to discredit the licence objectors.

Back
Top Bottom