Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Herne Hill news, chitter chatter and gossip

I feel sure they will issue a public apology to the teacher soon enough

Not likely when you see the latest update to the petition.

"29 May 2015 — There is CCTV footage, of the alleged culprit coming from *****'s house. Why is it, he is not being questioned by the police? Just because he wasn't allegedly there at the time, that does not mean he doesn't not have no connection to the crime.

We are calling for the school to suspend him, until proven he has no connection to the crime."

Not likely when you see the latest update to the petition.

"29 May 2015 — There is CCTV footage, of the alleged culprit coming from *****'s house. Why is it, he is not being questioned by the police? Just because he wasn't allegedly there at the time, that does not mean he doesn't not have no connection to the crime.

We are calling for the school to suspend him, until proven he has no connection to the crime."
I've removed the name from that post.

Direct from Met Press Bureau regarding the teacher:

"He is not a suspect in the investigation."

Couldn't be clearer.

Keep going...open yourselves up to being investigated for malicious communications.

Direct from Met Press Bureau regarding the teacher:

"He is not a suspect in the investigation."

Couldn't be clearer.

Keep going...open yourselves up to being investigated for malicious communications.

I don't think anyone on this board has done that to be fair - merely commenting on an ongoing dispute. I'm not a solicitor though so know jack really.

ETA
Is it malicious communications to tell you to fuck off?

Last edited:
Lies aren't malicious communication and the offence of criminal libel has fallen out of use.

If it can be proven that this was set up to distress the victim, it can very easily be for Mal Comms but in this case, i think it would be hard to prove which leaves libel which is a civil matter.

This guy has, on the face of it, been seriously wronged by several people, including the source of the cctv, the originator of the petition and the twitter account calling for his sacking. I think Urban 75 users are fairly far down the list of those who should apologise.

This guy has, on the face of it, been seriously wronged by several people, including the source of the cctv, the originator of the petition and the twitter account calling for his sacking. I think Urban 75 users are fairly far down the list of those who should apologise.

Reproducing that tweet in its full glory, as happened on this thread along with some pretty judgmental comments, would make the person who republished it just as liable for an apology. If you republish someone else's libel then you are effectively making it too.

Back
Top Bottom