Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Herne Hill news, chitter chatter and gossip

The day has finally come for the chains to move in - a gail's opening - the lease for agile has been sold.

I count Blackbird as a chain, but I know what you mean - this is another level.
And the Agile site is a huge frontage - it will dominate (in a way that Pizza Express doesn't, unless I'm just used to it)

I count Blackbird as a chain, but I know what you mean - this is another level.
And the Agile site is a huge frontage - it will dominate (in a way that Pizza Express doesn't, unless I'm just used to it)
True, but wasn't one of the first blackbird shops in the little shop that is now the mobile phone place by the alleyway?

True, but wasn't one of the first blackbird shops in the little shop that is now the mobile phone place by the alleyway?

Yes it was. I well remember nearly falling over when they told me how much that small loaf of Rosemary & Potato bread was going to cost me!

I think back then it didn't have a cafe attached? So I was expecting something like Post Office Bakery prices.

Seasons has moved two doors down
As a retail shop or as a wholesaler? Kaija was posting elsewhere saying they'd had to close as a shop but the business was still running. Reading her posts again it says she was looking for something so it looks like they found it!

Seasons has moved two doors down
But only open Friday-Monday.

The Arches company wanted nearly £50K a year for the lease which wasn’t viable so they’re subletting from the Kitchen Counter or whatever it’s called.

Gail’s is a massive tank on Blackbird’s lawn. I imagine Dough isn’t best pleased either.

You can see in this video the new , unfinished Loughborough junction tower thing in the background. She was clearly in the top floor of Node Brixton, the new fancy block on Shakeapeare road: Node Brixton · Loughborough Court, Shakespeare Rd, London SE24 0QF
Your are probably right - except that the block is about 1938 or slightly earlier.
She could of course have been in the newly added top floor penthouse (refused by Lambeth & the planning inspectors in 2017 and then miraculously obtained by new owners during Covid)
The video possibly ought to be taken down - she is obviously extremely unwell. If you had had psychosis you would appreciate it is not a joke - even without a fatal outcome.
On the other hand it might help people see what it feels like.

You can see in this video the new , unfinished Loughborough junction tower thing in the background. She was clearly in the top floor of Node Brixton, the new fancy block on Shakeapeare road: Node Brixton · Loughborough Court, Shakespeare Rd, London SE24 0QF
Yeah that's right. There were some people putting flowers outside this morning. No way you would call that area Herne Hill nor the fancy SE24 postcode with celebrity neighbours that the Daily Fail described it as.

Is SE24 'fancy' now? who knew. It was definitely more 'down at heel' when we arrived here : Perhaps I'm a celebrity...
It certainly is (or was) as far as estate agents are concerned when marketing homes associated with less fashionable areas. I live a stone’s throw of Tulse Hill station, at the very edge of the SE24 boundary, and no resident in my neck of the woods would describe the area as Herne Hill, but as far as the estate agents were concerned, our flat was ‘Herne Hill, SE24’ :D

It certainly is (or was) as far as estate agents are concerned when marketing homes associated with less fashionable areas. I live a stone’s throw of Tulse Hill station, at the very edge of the SE24 boundary, and no resident in my neck of the woods would describe the area as Herne Hill, but as far as the estate agents were concerned, our flat was ‘Herne Hill, SE24’ :D

I live on Herne Hill Road and Ilm sure state agents would refer to it as HH rather than Loughborourgh Junction or Camberwell both of which are closer.
The Sunday market is well posh. £5.40 for a vegan samosa lol.

Quite beautiful.
Indeed. He hasn’t as many kills as the Dumbarton Road hero, but still claims quite a few. Pal lives on Rymer St and told me this morning that it went in when the 322 bus route was diverted following the pedestrianisation outside the station. Lots of vehicles hoon down Railton and misjudge the corner.

I got a snap too. Now that the restrictions are in 100m up the road I'm struggling to work out where they had come from unless they drove through the ltn restrictions. It doesn't make sense to have come up Hurst and then swung a right as you're going in circles.

Back
Top Bottom