Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Herne Hill news, chitter chatter and gossip

That's annoying. Do you think it likely he will use the local park, pubs, shops and market? Hope he won't get a welcome here.

Must think of some insults to have ready should I ever bump into him. Hard to know where to start.

I suspect there are a couple you can keep on the tip of your tongue.

Congratulations, this has been quoted in an article in the spectator entitled Herne hell, a anti Boris article written by an ex and if I may say so, probably the poshest person in Herne hill until she upped sticks to Norfolk, Flora Watkins
Quoted: a mug reading “Herne Hill, the posh bit of Brixton.” 😂 Makes no more sense than a mug reading “Dulwich: the posh bit of Sydenham.”

Congratulations, this has been quoted in an article in the spectator entitled Herne hell, a anti Boris article written by an ex and if I may say so, probably the poshest person in Herne hill until she upped sticks to Norfolk, Flora Watkins
I read that. Then looked up the author on social. Strange mix of slagging off Tories and crying over Queen death.

Trip him up as he jogs round the park.

Boom

Boom

Well written, humorous article.

Do you mean ex Herne Hillian or ex of Boris'? Or of yours?!

Do you mean ex Herne Hillian or ex of Boris'? Or of yours?!
She used to live on Shakespeare, opposite the well known food critic, who doesn’t get a mention for some reason. She was a familiar sight, old discovery, 2 basset hounds, normally dressed like she was off to a pheasant shoot. Kids went to the same school ours do. Sold up, moved to Norfolk which must be more brexity than Herne hill

Before Downing Street, the Johnsons lived in a flat in neighbouring Camberwell. Now, with two-year-old Wilf and eight-month-old Romy in tow (plus Dilyn the dog), perhaps it’s the undulating 126 acres of Brockwell Park that drew them to Herne Hill. But wait – ‘Trip him up as he jogs around the park’ urges a commentator on the Brixton-based Urban75 forum.

*proud

Boom

Good on The Spectator for getting the word out.

That article could have been a lot more snarky but I guess she does sort of still like the area or people despite her characterisation.

Still, good to see a reader of the forum get published in a printed magazine.

Reactions: CH1
Half moon dentist no longer taking any nhs patients. Three options, pay a regular amount, starts at £16 for adults, £9 for each child. That’s monthly. Option 2 pay as you go. Option 3 leave and find a new nhs dentist

but can you actually get an appointment? I would consider that if it was on offer near me - impossible to get a doctor appointment.

but can you actually get an appointment? I would consider that if it was on offer near me - impossible to get a doctor appointment.
So on the letter I got, it says all nhs appointments are fully booked till 30th November (which I find hard to believe) and then it’s private only from 1st Dec. I think if it’s private, you will get an appointment

All nhs care including kids

I didn't realise clinics just closed off NHS quite like that.

I was speaking to a dentist in Streatham the other day and they said that the NHS funded work had been reducing over the years due to cuts but didn't go into that much.

So on the letter I got, it says all nhs appointments are fully booked till 30th November (which I find hard to believe) and then it’s private only from 1st Dec. I think if it’s private, you will get an appointment
I used to have a dental plan at work, which spent thousands at that dentist on my behalf. I then lost my job and the plan.

I told the person behind the counter that I was now unemployed and could not afford private dentistry. She offered me a loan. Without me having an income to pay it back.

They’re a bunch of sharks in there and they fucked my mouth up by insisting on a load of work when I joined. As it was being paid for on a dental plan, I allowed it and regretted it ever since. Hours and hours of unnecessary work, a different sensation in the jaw, even to this day five years later, all for them to earn money.

The two owners, Dan and Nicci, are an advertisement against their own work with their brighter than bright teeth, they look ridiculous.

The practice is a stain on Herne Hill. The only decent member of staff is Sharon the hygienist, and you can be sure that once they have eased people from NHS onto private contracts, which aren’t so expensive, they will begin to turn the screw next year.

I used to have a dental plan at work, which spent thousands at that dentist on my behalf. I then lost my job and the plan.

I told the person behind the counter that I was now unemployed and could not afford private dentistry. She offered me a loan. Without me having an income to pay it back.

They’re a bunch of sharks in there and they fucked my mouth up by insisting on a load of work when I joined. As it was being paid for on a dental plan, I allowed it and regretted it ever since. Hours and hours of unnecessary work, a different sensation in the jaw, even to this day five years later, all for them to earn money.

The two owners, Dan and Nicci, are an advertisement against their own work with their brighter than bright teeth, they look ridiculous.

The practice is a stain on Herne Hill. The only decent member of staff is Sharon the hygienist, and you can be sure that once they have eased people from NHS onto private contracts, which aren’t so expensive, they will begin to turn the screw next year.
Dentists are inclined to fraud. There was one at Loughborough Junction who treated prisoners in Brixton nick. Claimed from the nick AND the NHS. He went to prison himself. His practise is still empty - like a "facility" from "Abandoned Engineering" .

I too am a fan of Sharon the hygienist.

Back
Top Bottom