Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Help me explain to my teenager why Thatcher was bad.

Thought as much. Lots of 'giggles' in the troubles.

I think he's referring to an incident where an Ulster Loyalist killed an Irish republican woman by (basically) raping her with a cue.
I mean, I hope he's not referring to that, because I'd hate to think anyone was enough of a sick fucking cunt to "giggle" at something that horrific, but I strongly suspect that is what he's referring to, what with him being an apologist for both rapists and fascists.

Believing that people have less value than numbers.

E2A: she was a psychopath, and the policies she pursued were the elevation to the unimpeachable of the psychopathic mindset.

Believing that people have less value than numbers.

E2A: she was a psychopath, and the policies she pursued were the elevation to the unimpeachable of the psychopathic mindset.

What, for me, is more interesting than her psychopathy, is that so many obviously not psychopathic Tory politicians fell in behind her, with those who didn't mostly being former "hostilities only" military officers who knew exactly where her sort of thinking could lead.

What, for me, is more interesting than her psychopathy, is that so many obviously not psychopathic Tory politicians fell in behind her, with those who didn't mostly being former "hostilities only" military officers who knew exactly where her sort of thinking could lead.

Could it be explained simply by the fact that she offered them power and that they were willing to put aside their internal disquiet and finer feelings for a place at the trough?

Could it be explained simply by the fact that she offered them power and that they were willing to put aside their internal disquiet and finer feelings for a place at the trough?

I think that explanation has utility for some of them, though not all. Most people have a price.
Others of the Parliamentary Party were very obviously deeply ideologically-motivated, and frankly didn't give a shit for those of their constituents who were forced to take it up the arse for Thatcher's policies.

I think he's referring to an incident where an Ulster Loyalist killed an Irish republican woman by (basically) raping her with a cue.
I mean, I hope he's not referring to that, because I'd hate to think anyone was enough of a sick fucking cunt to "giggle" at something that horrific, but I strongly suspect that is what he's referring to, what with him being an apologist for both rapists and fascists.

Thanks, never heard about that incident. If he is referring to that then he's a very sick puppy.

A mate who happens to be gay was arguing with me in the pub (we do it a lot, he's a student and self - proclaimed right wing, we've had some good natured debates in the past).

This clip literally stopped him in his tracks, these guys aren't beyond convincing, which gives me hope.
Excellent - we have a time limited gap to show what these people are really about and what they are really like. Make the most of it everyone.

Saw documentary about Airey Neave, didn't know he escaped from Colditz, but it seems there was a big influence of military officers getting Thatch promoted as leader after Ted Heath defeat. Her psychopathy was flexible. They groomed her well. Apparently.

She had almost a hitler situation - she wasn't expected to beat heath and when she did in the first round these people rubbed their hands at what they thought would be a spot of back seat driving.

She had almost a hitler situation - she wasn't expected to beat heath and when she did in the first round these people rubbed their hands at what they though would be a spot of back seat driving.

Good job they didn't succeed, she might have fucked the country up and spawned an ideology that screwed the entire global financial system. Oh wait.

Saw documentary about Airey Neave, didn't know he escaped from Colditz, but it seems there was a big influence of military officers getting Thatch promoted as leader after Ted Heath defeat.

At that time many if not most older men had had military service of some sort.

Saw documentary about Airey Neave, didn't know he escaped from Colditz, but it seems there was a big influence of military officers getting Thatch promoted as leader after Ted Heath defeat. Her psychopathy was flexible. They groomed her well. Apparently.

In third year of junior school, I read a book about escaping from Colditz in which Airey Neave featured - At the time, that's all I knew about him going solely off the book he seemed a great guy - Imagine my horror when, years later, I discovered him to be a Thatcher-masturbator. Idols have feet of clay right enough.

I don't think this has been posted yet, but it's a good one:

An audit of Thatcher, exposing the myth (or, if you prefer, the lie) that she saved Britain’s economy:
http://www.primeeconomics.org/?p=1707
“Far from laying the foundation for future economic success, the Thatcher government caused the UK’s economic development to worsen in comparison with the previous period since the end of WW2. The productive base of the economy was weakened greatly, whilst the finance sector was let of the leash, ultimately with disastrous results. While some progress was made on inflation, by the end of Mrs Thatcher’s term of office in 1990, it was back almost up to 10%, while the UK’s trade balance and current account reached their worst ever points since 1945. Inequality was ratcheted up, and social divisions exacerbated. The British establishment’s outpouring of praise for the ‘achievements’ of the Thatcher government is out of kilter with the reality of its actual record.”

Back
Top Bottom