Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Healthy/less processed packed lunches

Another vote for pasta salad type thing. Easy to make in bulk and sandwiches are gross after sitting around in lunchboxes. Big capacity for variety too; tuna mayo, tomato sauce with veg added, pesto etc. Could make on a Sunday, freeze in portions and take out the night before so it’s ready. All food is processed so I have no idea what you mean by that term, but for snack stuff the little sticks of cheese for dairy fans, dried fruits, berries always seem to go down well with kids I find… do they like chickpeas? You can roast a tray the same time you’re cooking the pasta and they get super crunchy, great texture wise and a combination of fibre and protein so win win. You can add spices or just salt, as a crisp substitute.
I'm sure you can imagine what less processed means :)

Hummus and various things to dip in (veg, breadsticks etc). They normally get sold as breakfast items but egg muffins are quick and easy and easily frozen, stuff like this:

Easy egg muffins recipe | BBC Good Food - can add whatever you want to them really.
I was just about to suggest frittata and quiche, but that looks much easier as it's already portioned out. Might try that for my work lunches, thanks.

For my sisters my mum always did frozen rolls filled with fresh stuff the night before. They defrost overnight.

I always had school dinners and so did my kids thankfully. Much easier.

Back
Top Bottom