Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Has the Queen died?

Some expert on R4 saying she's "the most famous and admired woman on the planet". She's not even in the top 50. Beyonce, Rihanna, Greta Thunberg, Michelle Obama, Sanna Marin.......maybe the queen sneaks in above Anneka Rice,

Well, the Crown has done wonders for her public image. This better not fuck with the cricket though. There's already rain forecast and i assume this will result in more delay.

It's my f-i-l funeral next week. One of the people coming is a staunch royalist. She thinks the Queen is a wonderful, kind, and generous (!) woman. It'll be bad enough going to f-i-l funeral without Brenda shuffling off.

I wonder what arrangements the BBC have with the palace? Is it "tell us when you think she's got less than an hour or two left" - they can't keep waffling indefinitely.

Basically any non-commonwealth country

I'm opting for Thailand. It's rainy season. But gotta be better than this. It's gonna be like a turbo-charged Di fest
Thailand where you can be arrested for saying anything bad about their own king?

It'll be news elsewhere (not 24 hours constant i'll grant you) and you will have to put up with locals telling you how sorry they are for your loss! :D

I despise the monarchy, and I have no particular affection for this particular representative, but I can't understand why anyone would choose to celebrate her death. It's hardly going to change anything.

Back
Top Bottom