Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Hackney chitter-chatter &tc

Yes, the church has a fascinating history, a friend told me about it when I first moved to Stamford Hill. I'd never heard of the Agapemonites before - love the animals round the spire!
I'm glad the Georgian Orthodox have taken it on, it was unused when I was first in the area, I have walked passed on a Sunday when there had been a service and the door was open - I was very tempted to go and have a look :D they probably wouldn't mind.

What Victorian Sex Cult Church is this then?

Well this one:

oops everyone else got there first, for shame

Sue yes Walthamstow Wetlands is really nice.

I went the other way today - west to Woodberry Wetlands and then had a look at the silver lady on Newington Green.

So the Covid numbers round here seem to be going back up -- we're at 263:100 000. Stamford Hill looks better, seems to be more Clapton/Hackney Downs/Homerton now. And north/eastish. :(

Ffs , I haven't been back to the Billet since it reopened, the whole substantial meal thing jars with me #eatingischeating . Haven't noticed it being full & noisy tbf, or any other outrageous covid behaviour around Clapton.

Oh my goodness :( not far down the road from me - I did hear alot of sirens this morning, more than usual.
So very sorry for those people.

Got knocked off my bike opposite there last winter by a bloke pulling out of Morrison's while on his phone, thankfully no injuries or bike damage as he was driving so slowly but glad that there wasn't any traffic coming up behind me at the time.

I've just walked down to Stokey, all the main road was closed from Stamford Hill library down to Manor Road, not sure where they are sending the buses.

I could see that the car had gone into the bus stop first as the advertising panel was all smashed - maybe some of the injured were standing there? Wonder what caused him to swerve like that? :(

It's the first day of Hannuka today and the children are off school so it's very busy round there - Friday as well.

I've just walked down to Stokey, all the main road was closed from Stamford Hill library down to Manor Road, not sure where they are sending the buses.

I could see that the car had gone into the bus stop first as the advertising panel was all smashed - maybe some of the injured were standing there? Wonder what caused him to swerve like that? :(

It's the first day of Hannuka today and the children are off school so it's very busy round there - Friday as well.
Buses which would normally go down Stamford Hill are now going along Clapton Common and Upper Clapton Road, then turning into Northwold Road to get though to SN Common.

Traffic in the whole area is predictably chaotic.

Back
Top Bottom