Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Hackney chitter-chatter &tc

I think this is a good point as the infection rate in Stamford Hill has consistenly been much higher than the rest of Hackney. At points it was higher here than in other places in the country that had local lockdowns.

The implications of this aren't great but it does raise the possibility of enforcing a very localised lockdown to control the spread of the virus. I honestly don't know what I think about that - roadblocks etc would hardly be a good look.
Possibly the message still not getting through to the Orthodox folk up there. I know from walking around there regularly on my state sanctioned exercise that there were huge extended family groups hanging out at various religious festivals, having bbqs and that.

Possibly the message still not getting through to the Orthodox folk up there. I know from walking around there regularly on my state sanctioned exercise that there were huge extended family groups hanging out at various religious festivals, having bbqs and that.

I think some are getting the message and some aren't. It's quite complicated as there are different sects with different leaders who have taken different views from what I can make out.

My impression that in some cases there is a general culture of wanting to be your own society and follow your own rules and laws and culturally this means a kind of rebelliousness and lack of engagement with government advice. And an absolute priority on doing what religious law and cultural norms dictate including big gatherings.

So it's a mess. I'm by no means an expert but there was a great irony in Passover celebrations April - during which Jewish people here celebrated being spared from an ancient plague and possibly exposed themselves to a modern one.

It's the emergency planning people who also do CCTV, based at the back of stoke newington town hall

I think the Civil Protection are the people who come around to see what's going on in the community?
Just coming back on the bus from Dalston I've just seen three of the officers speaking to the street drinkers who sit around at the Stamford Hill junction - probably about social distancing!

I think the Civil Protection are the people who come around to see what's going on in the community?
Just coming back on the bus from Dalston I've just seen three of the officers speaking to the street drinkers who sit around at the Stamford Hill junction - probably about social distancing!
Just checked, they are def part of emergency planning, but a global pandemic must tick the emergency boxes

Yes! It’s a lovely sorta hidden space.
Weirdly has a huge rare tree in it also, I just remembered:

Weirdly has a huge rare tree in it also, I just remembered:

I had heard about the redwood tree but I haven't been able to figure out which of the trees it is yet :facepalm: should be obvious I know!

Back
Top Bottom