Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Hackney chitter-chatter &tc

Oh dear :( I'm in the purple bit!
I can see why there have been particular references to the orthodox Jewish community as Stamford Hill, parts of Upper Clapton and South Tottenham are where they mostly live.

Oh dear :( I'm in the purple bit!
I can see why there have been particular references to the orthodox Jewish community as Stamford Hill, parts of Upper Clapton and South Tottenham are where they mostly live.
we spoke about this before, but yesterday I was in Stamford Hill on foot for the first time in quite a while. It was a very worrying experience.

we spoke about this before, but yesterday I was in Stamford Hill on foot for the first time in quite a while. It was a very worrying experience.

To be honest, I have gone past the stage of being particularly worried for myself. I don't mix with any other households - apart from speaking to my neighbours in the block (none of whom seem to know anyone who has been infected) and all my close family live outside the UK.
I am as careful as I can be - that's all I can do, I'm not so young now :D and probably more likely to die of something else!

To be honest, I have gone past the stage of being particularly worried for myself. I don't mix with any other households - apart from speaking to my neighbours in the block (none of whom seem to know anyone who has been infected) and all my close family live outside the UK.
I am as careful as I can be - that's all I can do, I'm not so young now :D and probably more likely to die of something else!
same here.
was meaning 'worried' in a general, not personal sense.
worried for my neighbours and my community.

So not in hackney then
As I'm sure I've made clear before, I live in Tottenham, but work in Hackney.

I travel through the purple area frequently, both on my journey to and from work and (most days) during my working day.

My point was mostly about the huge differences in infection rates in different local areas, which is masked somewhat when looking at figures on a whole-borough level.

As I'm sure I've made clear before, I live in Tottenham, but work in Hackney.

I travel through the purple area frequently, both on my journey to and from work and (most days) during my working day.

My point was mostly about the huge differences in infection rates in different local areas, which is masked somewhat when looking at figures on a whole-borough level.

I think this is a good point as the infection rate in Stamford Hill has consistenly been much higher than the rest of Hackney. At points it was higher here than in other places in the country that had local lockdowns.

The implications of this aren't great but it does raise the possibility of enforcing a very localised lockdown to control the spread of the virus. I honestly don't know what I think about that - roadblocks etc would hardly be a good look.

Back
Top Bottom