Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Hackney chitter-chatter &tc

The shop in the motor cycle place in Bouverie Road? I didn't know that :eek:

Yeah he had a place on Church Street earlier in the year, but they moved round the corner after a while. You can see the "Ecstatic Peace" sign in the video - that's been the name of Thurston's label and publishing house for ages. I think Edwin Pouncey / Savage X is also involved.

I have to say the Church Street shop was a whole lot of stuff that I didn't want to buy though. Way expensive but kind of interesting to look at. Not been in the new one.

The latest development is disturbing:

"A coroner has ruled that two police officers involved with the restraint and arrest of Rashan Charles shortly before he died have the right to remain anonymous at his inquest ..."

Police officers granted anonymity at Rashan Charles inquest

The identities of the individuals involved in Rashan's death cannot be revealed at his inquest.

Three years since the death of Rashan Charles: Rashan Charles’ great uncle, former Met officer Rod Charles: The gulf between police and communities is widening

4299277C00000578-4721936-image-a-2_1500797720952.jpg

Restrained to death, 22 July 2017

This act of white supremacy is also reported and commented upon here:

"The Museum of the Home has erased its public commitment to Black Lives Matter while refusing to remove a celebratory statue to slaver, Robert Geffrye ..."

Museum keeps toxic slavery statue and removes support for Black Lives Matter

Back
Top Bottom