Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Hackney chitter-chatter &tc

Video is a few years old , I know John the Poacher, he does foraging walks, drinks in the Crooked Billet, where he gets beer in exchange for bringing foraged stuff to them . I walk around the marshes every day at the moment, so the video is very familiar.

Video is a few years old , I know John the Poacher, he does foraging walks, drinks in the Crooked Billet, where he gets beer in exchange for bringing foraged stuff to them . I walk around the marshes every day at the moment, so the video is very familiar.

I had a drink with him in the Pembury a while ago, it reminded me of the scene in withnail and I when the guy walks into the pub and slaps some dead hares onto the bar.

I've just had an email from Hackney Council saying there will be a Mobile test centre available in Hackney (Friday 1 May and Saturday 2 May) for those who fit the criteria and who have symptoms. I don't have symptoms thankfully, so won't be going.

If any one wants more info, please PM me your email address and I'll forward you the whole thing.

Relaxing tour of Stamford Hill:

Yes, that's brilliant - someone posted it on the YouTube thread - was it you?
I live in Stamford Hill so it's all very familiar!
Love the way the guy speaks :)
Since watching the clip earlier this week I've been very conscious on my walks about making sure I give a nice wave if someone in a car stops to let me cross the road :D

I had a letter from the Local Mosque (Lea Bridge Roundabout) They want to broadcast the call to prayer, at Sunset everyday, and twice on Friday. They wanted to know if the residents had any objections. I don't :thumbs: it will be during the rest of Ramadan, as the Mosque is closed as far as I can tell. We are 3 streets away so I'm not sure if we will actually hear it.

It will send the Brexiter/Tommy Robinson types into gammon rage though if they hear about it :D

Hm there is a rave going on apparently, on marshes I think. By the sound of helicopters it wont be going on for long.
Yep , yesterday was one of the rare days over the past 10 weeks when I haven't been on Hackney Marshes. Seems some of party folk ended up in a flat in Detmold Road which is a few streets away from where I live. So we had the pleasure of the helicopter over our house for several hours in the early morning.

Fair play to Hackney Council, I was on Hackney Marshes just after 9am this morning and they were already hard at work clearing all the rubbish left there.

Yep , yesterday was one of the rare days over the past 10 weeks when I haven't been on Hackney Marshes. Seems some of party folk ended up in a flat in Detmold Road which is a few streets away from where I live. So we had the pleasure of the helicopter over our house for several hours in the early morning.

Fair play to Hackney Council, I was on Hackney Marshes just after 9am this morning and they were already hard at work clearing all the rubbish left there.
Me too!

Actually it wasn't on the marshes, it was a block party... i guess the rubbish was just from people in the sun during the day
There was a party type thing on the marshes that was broken up by the police, and I think some of them might have headed over to Detmold Rd where the party continued. In normal times, not a really big issue....but these are not normal times.

Logo%20Hackney%20Council.jpg

5839521571_e6ebd05286_z.jpg

(Source: as stated in image)

Sir John Cass was a "merchant" and Conservative Party Member of Parliament for the City of London, whose wealth was acquired through his role as Director of The Royal African Company which 'traded' in enslaved African people. He served in various roles on The Royal African Company's committees, including for a time on the executive committee which met regularly to set budgets and give detailed instructions to the captains of the slave ships. The instructions included details of everything from the prices to be paid and asked to the amount of food given to crew and slaves to the records to be kept of how many of each died.

The London Borough of Hackney has now been requested to address and end the glorification of local white supremacist Sir John Cass, throughout the borough:

Back
Top Bottom