Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Hackney chitter-chatter &tc

Was just looking at the updated Covid stuff. Am I imagining it or were there not three wards before? Now there are four and think SH North and S Tottenham are even worse than before. (The other two are SH South and West.) :(

ETA ST +15.9% and SH North +21.8% in the last seven days. Fuck.

Last edited:
Was just looking at the updated Covid stuff. Am I imagining it or were there not three wards before? Now there are four and think SH North and S Tottenham are even worse than before. (The other two are SH South and West.) :(

ETA ST +15.9% and SH North +21.8% in the last seven days. Fuck.

You're not imagining it.
Two weeks ago there were two, SH north and south Tottenham.
A week ago there were 3, those two and SH south.
This week they're joined by SH west.
From what I can see, this looks like the biggest concentration in the whole of London.

• Sad
Reactions: Sue
You're not imagining it.
Two weeks ago there were two, SH north and south Tottenham.
A week ago there were 3, those two and SH south.
This week they're joined by SH west.
From what I can see, this looks like the biggest concentration in the whole of London.
Has anyone on here living in those areas had any additional info/advice about this? It's very strange this doesn't really seem to be being mentioned locally*, given that's quite a big area/a lot of people.

*In my bit of Hackney anyway.

Has anyone on here living in those areas had any additional info/advice about this? It's very strange this doesn't really seem to be being mentioned locally*, given that's quite a big area/a lot of people.

*In my bit of Hackney anyway.
I don't live there, but I do work there and will be enquiring at work tomorrow if there is any new guidance given the new situation.

Do you live in the area now coloured purple?

I don't live there, but I do work there and will be enquiring at work tomorrow if there is any new guidance given the new situation.

Do you live in the area now coloured purple?
No where I am is way lower which is why I was wondering about info for those who live there. Don't remember there being anything recent in the local press, for example.

(I was talking to a friend yesterday who lives near the border with SH South and who had no idea how bad things were there. Noticed the changes when i was looking for the link to send him.)

I live in SH - Springfield ward which I assume is classed as north ..and no, I haven't heard anything particular about the increase since we received a leaflet a few weeks ago. Other than that, there are the notices on the lamp posts which have been around a while.

• Sad
Is that a bit weird? Why would you care? (I wouldn't if they set one up outside my flat.)

ETA Ah okay, now I've read the article :facepalm: seems the concerns are around blocking access to a play area which seems fair enough.

Ahhhh ...that's solved a mystery, I walked at the back of those flats a couple of days ago, coming through from Allen's Gardens.
I noticed that some steel fencing was in the process up being put up and wondered why - it looked very strange, it was quite high and there were gates and walkways.

Is that a bit weird? Why would you care? (I wouldn't if they set one up outside my flat.)

ETA Ah okay, now I've read the article :facepalm: seems the concerns are around blocking access to a play area which seems fair enough.

Yes, it was definitely blocking access to the play area.

Thanks blossie33 - interesting seeing some reasons for the other proposed sites being discounted.

The testing centre blocks one of my morning walk routes and it is depressing seeing it all. That estate looks to have a pretty great community spirit too - lots of barbecues and parties in the summer.

Yes, I must admit I haven't been into Allen's Gardens since the testing centre went up :D
We know they need to put these centres somewhere but I do sympathise with the residents there, it isn't a very large space and they are right up against the metal fences at the back :(

I know it's not Hackney but...

Wandered across Walthamstow Wetlands this afternoon. Never been there before -- generally walk up the other side, along the Lee Navigation. Thought it was great and really like that they've separated walkers out from cyclists etc as means you don't have to constantly pay attention. Wasn't completely sure where I was going but I quite like wandering randomly as reckon I'll generally end up somewhere I recognise. And sure enough, next thing I was at Springfield Marina. Must go back and have another look and maybe go across Walthamstow Marshes.

I know it's not Hackney but...

Wandered across Walthamstow Wetlands this afternoon. Never been there before -- generally walk up the other side, along the Lee Navigation. Thought it was great and really like that they've separated walkers out from cyclists etc as means you don't have to constantly pay attention. Wasn't completely sure where I was going but I quite like wandering randomly as reckon I'll generally end up somewhere I recognise. And sure enough, next thing I was at Springfield Marina. Must go back and have another look and maybe go across Walthamstow Marshes.
It's good walking ! I often walk up to Tottenham lock , then back through the Wetlands and Walthamstow Marshes & Leyton Marsh. I'm just back from a walk around Hackney Marshes up to the Olympic Site then through Homerton/Lower Clapton.

It's good walking ! I often walk up to Tottenham lock , then back through the Wetlands and Walthamstow Marshes & Leyton Marsh. I'm just back from a walk around Hackney Marshes up to the Olympic Site then through Homerton/Lower Clapton.

I walked up and across Clapton Common (stopping for a look at the outside of the Victorian Sex Cult Church as is my wont), through Markfield Park, across the bridge at Tottenham Hale, then through the Wetlands and home via Springfield Park. Must check out Walthamstow and Leyton Marshes now.

Going for a walk with a friend tomorrow but think dogs aren't allowed up that way so will probably do Hackney Marshes.

I walked up and across Clapton Common (stopping for a look at the outside of the Victorian Sex Cult Church as is my wont), through Markfield Park, across the bridge at Tottenham Hale, then through the Wetlands and home via Springfield Park. Must check out Walthamstow and Leyton Marshes now.

Going for a walk with a friend tomorrow but think dogs aren't allowed up that way so will probably do Hackney Marshes.
Pretty much done that walk , who doesn't like a Victorian Sex Cult Church?

Back
Top Bottom