Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Hackney chitter-chatter &tc

Saw something on Instagram called #homertonclaptonwanderland , people have been encouraged to put arty stuff in their windows. So popped out and there were some windows in the next street , and I did notice more on a walk earlier but didn't know what it was about then. 3 days , ends tomorrow.

IMG_20210215_195413_313.jpgIMG_20210215_195515_051.jpgit's rather lovely, popping out tomorrow night as well, I think there may be more on the streets from Lower Clapton Road towards Chatsworth Rd .

More info here

This is a lovely thing which is well worth 10 minutes of your time:

๐Ÿ•บ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿป๐Ÿ•บ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿป๐Ÿ•บ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿป

yeah wonderful
would like to see the full black and white documentary he was in... will try and hunt for it

eta got it!

ah the full thing is 23 minutes, so thats just an extract too.

how old must he be in that Vimeo bit - over 90 it seems! amazing

there are a few Monitor clips on iPlayer

Last edited:
Purim is noticeably low key this year, but still very cute.

View attachment 256297

:D I saw those two.
I had a walk round the side roads this afternoon to see the youngsters in their fancy dress :) some great costumes as usual.
Definitely low key this year - they were not allowed to have the young men driving round on the flat bed vehicles with the music playing. I have heard music blaring out from a few houses though.

Things to do from your sofa/chair before the decadence of unlockdown happens.

At which point maybe some Hackney U75 drinks again would be good?

Oh gawd yes, to Hackney drinks at some point !

Definitely. We could even throw caution to the winds and invite some nearby but non-Hackney urbanites too. :eek:

Seriously though, excellent idea.

Liked this article, how they stopped flooding in the Hackney bit of the Lea Valley, I didn't realise that the relief channel was relatively recent.

I used to wonder what that channel was near Tottenham Hale, I knew it wasn't part of the New River. I think part of it was where they channelled the Pymmes Brook which came down from Walthamstow.

I also used to wonder what the Robin Hood sign was in the community garden at the bottom of Springfield Park - was surprised to find out there was a pub there! Partly because there were two other pubs within a very short distance (just the Hope & Anchor now).

I used to wonder what that channel was near Tottenham Hale, I knew it wasn't part of the New River. I think part of it was where they channelled the Pymmes Brook which came down from Walthamstow.

I also used to wonder what the Robin Hood sign was in the community garden at the bottom of Springfield Park - was surprised to find out there was a pub there! Partly because there were two other pubs within a very short distance (just the Hope & Anchor now).
The Robin Hood closed in 2001, I had been living nearby for 4 years by then, never went to it :( What was the other pub ?

Back
Top Bottom