Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Hackney chitter-chatter &tc

Hackney crew! I am 51 and have no underlying health conditions worth speaking of. Still no news about being vaccinated.

Is that par for the course or am I being snubbed?

I did hear that London's best borough was slightly behind the curve on all this?
I have had an invite (last week ) also had a text today from my Doctor. I've booked the jab on April 3rd at a Chemist on Rushmore Rd. 55 btw, no underlying health conditions I'm aware of.

Looks like we missed this, alas. :(

miss implies regret
i have no regrets at avoiding the nefandous fox
edward fox should reprise his famous role as the jackal, in the scene when he corrects the sights on his rifle using his vile son in place of the melon

He is in with some remarkable independents for the Mayoral:

Independent
Count BinfaceSatirical candidate created by comedian Jon Harvey, as an independent.[109] He is crowdfunding the £10,000 deposit required.[107]
Burning PinkValerie BrownParty calls for the removal of government and for it to be replaced with citizens' assemblies. Brown was arrested and charged for covering a number of charity buildings in pink paint, protesting their inaction on climate change.[110][111]
IndependentPiers CorbynWeather forecaster and older brother of former Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn. He was arrested in February 2021 after distributing leaflets that compared the rollout of COVID-19 vaccines in the UK to Auschwitz.[108][112]
IndependentDrillministerLondon-based rapper, campaigning on reducing homelessness, improving transport, increasing mental health support, diversifying the Metropolitan Police Service and rehabilitation to curb crime and improving air quality in the capital as an independent candidate.[113][114]
IndependentMax FoshYouTuber seeking to win more votes than Laurence Fox[115]
Reclaim PartyLaurence FoxStanding on "anti-woke" platform against "extreme political correctness"[116]

Independent
Count BinfaceSatirical candidate created by comedian Jon Harvey, as an independent.[109] He is crowdfunding the £10,000 deposit required.[107]
Burning PinkValerie BrownParty calls for the removal of government and for it to be replaced with citizens' assemblies. Brown was arrested and charged for covering a number of charity buildings in pink paint, protesting their inaction on climate change.[110][111]
IndependentPiers CorbynWeather forecaster and older brother of former Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn. He was arrested in February 2021 after distributing leaflets that compared the rollout of COVID-19 vaccines in the UK to Auschwitz.[108][112]
IndependentDrillministerLondon-based rapper, campaigning on reducing homelessness, improving transport, increasing mental health support, diversifying the Metropolitan Police Service and rehabilitation to curb crime and improving air quality in the capital as an independent candidate.[113][114]
Reclaim PartyLaurence FoxStanding on "anti-woke" platform against "extreme political correctness"[116]
for me it'd be between count binface and drillminister

Independent
Wasn't there some sort of legal spat between Count Binface and Lord Wheeliebin or something?

Hackney crew! I am 51 and have no underlying health conditions worth speaking of. Still no news about being vaccinated.

Is that par for the course or am I being snubbed?

I did hear that London's best borough was slightly behind the curve on all this?

I am booked in for Friday so thanks to whichever Hackney urbanite has exerted their immense influence on my behalf :thumbs:because of this thread.

I actually had my first vaccine in January (was a bit reluctant to admit to being a somewhat oldie :D ) I had the Oxford Astra Zeneca one at the John Scott Health Centre on Green Lanes. No noticeable problems afterwards.

Good luck with yours on Friday Fozzie Bear !
Ah, so your GP must be part of the same thing as mine -- I was offered there or Bocking St and went for Bocking St as it's closer.

Ah, so your GP must be part of the same thing as mine -- I was offered there or Bocking St and went for Bocking St as it's closer.

My GP is in the portacabins on Stamford Hill :D called Spring Hill now.
The text I had from them said make an appt at Bocking Street but when I clicked on the link it was fully booked but I saw the John Scott Health Centre was also taking bookings which was better for me as it's only about 20 minutes walk away.

My GP is in the portacabins on Stamford Hill :D called Spring Hill now.
The text I had from them said make an appt at Bocking Street but when I clicked on the link it was fully booked but I saw the John Scott Health Centre was also taking bookings which was better for me as it's only about 20 minutes walk away.
I walked past there the other day and wondered at the Spring Hill/Stamford Hill thing. Ah, mine gave me the option of both.

not Hackney but just down the hill

That's great!
It's been empty for so long, I did think they might be doing something to it a while back as some guys were clearing the inside but nothing further happened.

I walked past there the other day and wondered at the Spring Hill/Stamford Hill thing. Ah, mine gave me the option of both.

It used to be called Tollgate Lodge but they amalgamated with another practice in Oldhill Street (strange place, it was in a small terraced house!) I have heard that they are planning to move, possibly into one of the buildings in Belfast Road by Stokey station.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sue
Back
Top Bottom