Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Gunman storms supermarket, takes hostages, Montpellier France, 23.03.2018

i suppose i'd better stand in for the unavoidably absent squirrelp and, while we're waiting for more information, propose that this is a false flag operation on the basis of absolutely no evidence whatsoever
A false flag, yesterday:

Paul-Coombs-Didosis-Flag-Post-Parade-1.jpg

He has been "shot" says Sky. . .

Dunno if that means fatally or not. Don't even know if it means it's all over.

Latest I've seen is that two people are confirmed dead - one the occupant of a car that the hostage take stole, the other at the supermarket - and as many as "a dozen" have been injured.

All gleaned from fairly decent sources: AFP, Guardian, BBC, Sky...

I do hope it's over.

Other reports include: "known to the authorities as potential extremist", Morrocan or Franco-Moroccan, also a petty criminal (drugs, theft), demanded the realese of Paris attacker currently on trial in Belgium, various stuff about whether Daesh has or hasn't claimed this (it seems not yet from the best sources I've seen, though they are celebrating it in any case...).

So hopefully all over.

Fair play to whoever the officer was who swapped himself for a hostage, hope he pulls through.
Proper heroism Arnaud Beltrane: in cold blood, to swap yourself for a member of the public knowing you would most likely get shot in their place. Like Ahmed Merabet the Paris cop who took the two Charlie Hebbdo killers on with a hand gun versus two assault rifles, when he could have just stayed hidden in cover, knowing it was going to cost him his life.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom