Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Air France AF447

I'd say taking a flight is more than "slightly" safer than riding a car. Air accidents and fatalities happen at a much lesser frequency than road traffic accidents and fatalities.

Even so, one's most likely death from any cause is not going to be found on the road. Depending on one's sex and age group, the most likely causes include the classics such as ischaemic heart disease, complications from Alzheimer's/dementia, cancer, and for the young 'uns like myself, accidental poisoning and suicide are more likely ends.

I know you hate cars, but it's a bad idea to let your emotions blind you to the facts.

Always find these stats a bit misleading. You could crash your car a hundred times and just get whiplash, but one plane incident and it’s game over. It never feels like a fair comparison.

I’m not especially scared of dying, but I’m fucking terrified of plummeting to earth for two minutes knowing my fate. How bad would that be? 😊

Always find these stats a bit misleading. You could crash your car a hundred times and just get whiplash, but one plane incident and it’s game over. It never feels like a fair comparison.

I’m not especially scared of dying, but I’m fucking terrified of plummeting to earth for two minutes knowing my fate. How bad would that be? 😊
On the other hand at least it would be over after two minutes. Many people would rather that than spending the rest of my life paralysed from the neck down for instance.

Back
Top Bottom