Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Greek elections

Is it a valid argument to say that Greece perhaps should not have been in the Euro in the first place. I have seen someone in the media claim they probably didn't fully meet the entry criteria.

How doers thuis help/matter.

Because if Greece shouldn't have met the entry criteria this may in part explain their current and recent troubles with sustaining their economy within the Euro. And might suggest further that remaining in as they seem at the moment to want, is doomed to failure.

I'm curious as what those now sneering at Tspiras for selling out will say if the deal fails to pass the other member states parliaments. By no means a certainty.

Because if Greece shouldn't have met the entry criteria this may in part explain their current and recent troubles with sustaining their economy within the Euro. And might suggest further that remaining in as they seem at the moment to want, is doomed to failure.
You mean if grerece didn't meet the criteria. Guess who made up some mumbo jumbo to allow them to do so and so access all those funds now killing pensioners? Go on, have a guess.

It will benefit GD. Massively.

There seems to be a horrible inevitability to this, with Syriza finally caving in and imploding, Weimar style chaos, and GD seeing an opportunity, history never repeats itself exactly and a rise of the far right then into power is a bit pat, but its possible.

I don't think it will benefit GD in the slightest. They are effectively irrelevant to the debate that the greeks are having - they are not even in the discussion of what things centre on.

There seems to be a horrible inevitability to this, with Syriza finally caving in and imploding, Weimar style chaos, and GD seeing an opportunity, history never repeats itself exactly and a rise of the far right then into power is a bit pat, but its possible.
What we'll have the nazis like 1933 all over gain then a dominant central european power seeking to challenge existing empires resulting in world war?

Why do you/anyone keep posting this stuff?

Also - and peeps here aren't thinking properly about it because we are not part of the Schengen zone is the fundamental EU right of freedom of movement.

What happens if Greece leaves the eurozone and the economy properly goes down the toilet?

Would newspapers like the Daily Mail start campaigning against Greeks crossing out borders?

Would Greece even be allowed to remain in the EU at all?

Tens of thousands of Greek in the Uk, maybe hundred thousand or more.

I'm curious as what those now sneering at Tspiras for selling out will say if the deal fails to pass the other member states parliaments. By no means a certainty.
I'm not sneering, fwiw. He didn't want this. I'm not even sure how I can judge him for accepting it.

This isn't on Tspiras. This is on the cunts who forced him to take the deal, the cunts who despise democracy.

I'm not sneering, fwiw. He didn't want this. I'm not even sure how I can judge him for accepting it.

This isn't on Tspiras. This is on the cunts who forced him to take the deal, the cunts who despise democracy.

the deal he came with, to pass has to get through 18 national parliament's (why he was never going to get much). Holiday bookings 30% down, cargo rotting in the docks, whilst overseas bods reckon Greeks savings accounts all emptied and the army they all remember growing up under can only draw out last months salary in rationed form. He's making the best of a bad lot, whilst the enemies he's made can still use democracy to fuck the deal.

the deal he came with, to pass has to get through 18 national parliament's (why he was never going to get much). Holiday bookings 30% down, cargo rotting in the docks, whilst overseas bods reckon Greeks savings accounts all emptied and the army they all remember growing up under can only draw out last months salary in rationed form. He's making the best of a bad lot, whilst the enemies he's made can still use democracy to fuck the deal.
And the turtles.

the deal he came with, to pass has to get through 18 national parliament's

It has to do that whatever. Not a word from you about -well, it's hard to tell - anything about any content. Just a list of bad things. Nothing about who caused them.

We will destroy your banks

Back
Top Bottom