Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Great Pottery Throwdown

Crikey those chimney pots look very difficult. I'd say you'd have to have some strength throwing them.

That was a lot of clay and some of them did amazingly well with.

Great theme for main make. My first thought was whose doing the Shiela-na-gig.

We just caught up. That episode (with the lamps) was like a movie for the mix of emotions. When they were turning over their lamps to add to the bases underneath my GF couldn't take the stress and covered her eyes, and I had to tell her what was happening, through my own gasps as work almost got destroyed. And then that turned out to be the fake scare, because it was George who destroyed his pot by accident in the next section. And he had been so helpful and lovely to Caitlynn earlier, and then she returned the favour, both in really thoughtful ways - he offered a hug, which was what she wanted, she asked if her wanted time alone, what was clearly what he wanted.

George going out was justifiable (Derek would have been too), but it was sad. I'm going to miss his bizarre sense of style with an elegant hat, a scarf that look like he's had it since he was 6 and just never taken off, and his sister's pyjamas, that actually sort of work together.

Such lovely human drama where the only thing that was destroyed was a lamp.

And all those grotesques in the previous episode were amazing. But they were grotesques, not gargoyles. There is a difference that matters quite a lot when it comes to a pottery build - if it had to funnel water, most of those designs wouldn't have worked.

Kinda surprised about the masks as a challenge. We literally decorated pottery masks at school when I was 11. It's not the level of skill I'd expect from this show. I appreciate simple challenges now and then , because doing something simply really well is a challenge, but that was a bit too simple. Esp with a guest judge who'd only learned pottery during lockdown.

Another sad but fair decision.

I think it's a genuine three-way race for the final. Nervous chuckling guy has really upped his game as the series has gone on. so he's more competition for the other two than it would have seemed a few weeks ago.

I'd like Nervous Chuckling Guy to win, as I'm introverted, and it's great to see an introvert doing well. But Loïs has been the most consistent across the series.
I'm happy whoever wins they all seem great people.

I'd like Nervous Chuckling Guy to win, as I'm introverted, and it's great to see an introvert doing well. But Loïs has been the most consistent across the series.
I'm happy whoever wins they all seem great people.

Nervous Chuckling Guy on flamboyant week was a great example of the art being more important than the artist. He's about the least flamboyant person there, but he was able to represent flamboyance by understanding the underlying concepts.

Lois is clearly the judges favourite and has a good design eye but I don't think she's as good at the building or throwing tbf

It's all over for another year, great final, I thought those final builds were all brilliant.

Even though I wanted Jon to win, I thought Loïs was the deserved winner. Jon's was the best built, but Loïs was the most artistic

It's all over for another year, great final, I thought those final builds were all brilliant.

Even though I wanted Jon to win, I thought Loïs was the deserved winner. Jon's was the best built, but Loïs was the most artistic
Agree

I thought Jon had the best journey. Lois was pretty great from the off so there wasn't much progress, but in fairness she had the best vase at the end. James's didn't do it for me, and I think he shot himself in the foot a bit but fair play for ambition.

What a lovely show.

I think it was a three-way race going into the final, but part way through it became obvious who the winner was. And although nervous chuckling man did grow and learn more, and his final build was excellent, it didn't really compare to Lois's.

It makes me sad every time this show ends ☹️

Shani is just barely hanging on. Not sure about the winner, the spout/opening seemed massive on theirs and some others!

I can only hope to get near the level of chaos that Shani embodies in her ceramics, she'll be missed. Rooting for Jan to carry on to the end still.

The Shaving scuttle challenge was ludicrous in its complexity.

Back
Top Bottom