Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Grand Designs

this clifftop sh*tshow has been a bit of a 'thing' round our way for years now... more to it all than meets the eye as well ( think : K Mclouds recent ' crowdfunding travails ' )

New series on, watching? Tonight a white art deck lighthouse in Devon? Really.

It's such a beautiful area as well, but that's not the first giant eyesore that's been given planning permission there unfortunately. I was really pleased the wife left him tbh, seemed like his kids hated him too. And well they might.

Nobody will ever take that site off his hands either. The land it's built on will not exist in 20 years.

Anyone see last night's oldie? Rich twat buys an old lodge in a cemetery in SW London for £1.2 m I think it was and spent millions doing it up. He was such an obnoxious arse that I turned off after a few minutes even though I wanted to find out where it was and I wouldn't have minded it.

Anyone see last night's oldie? Rich twat buys an old lodge in a cemetery in SW London for £1.2 m I think it was and spent millions doing it up. He was such an obnoxious arse that I turned off after a few minutes even though I wanted to find out where it was and I wouldn't have minded it.

That was the most recent series, I think. Agreed though; he did seem like a bit of a wanker.

I also wondered where it was, but he wasn't watchable for long, so kept drifting in and out of it. I didn't like the finished product either.

I could not get past 10 minutes. I saw him go to some estate owned by a relative in Scotland...this is how I think of a home. Divorced, not surprised. Earns a living from extreme fishing...wtf

I could not get past 10 minutes. I saw him go to some estate owned by a relative in Scotland...this is how I think of a home. Divorced, not surprised. Earns a living from extreme fishing...wtf

"earns a living" - busied himself while spending inherited fortune

watched the treehouse in a tiny woodland behind a Sainsburys in Gloucestershire. four years in a shed but the final place looked great, proper earnt that one.

It's Fulham cemetery. I looked it up at that time as I was baffled as to where it was. Agree he was a total arse.

guessing badgers hasn't watched it much, which makes it strange he has such a strong opinion on it. ignorance is bliss.

Forget Kevin and all those twats with too much money who go over budget and behind schedule. Check this

1624360664446.png

Forget Kevin and all those twats with too much money who go over budget and behind schedule. Check this

View attachment 274751
Plenty of stories on Grand Designs more interesting than two twats buying the wrong property by mistake and dining out on the media attention to raise money. This is about restoring an unremarkable property. I watch Grand Designs because at its best it's about restoring amazing buildings or creating interesting architecture, neither of which they are doing.

View attachment 274751

I read about that a couple of years ago. It's basically Homes Under the Hammer. It wasn't really an accident, just not the one they'd planned on buying when they got there; they bid on the property knowing what it was. Then the refurb was bog standard except that they were appalled at having to comply with local laws.

Show presented by cunts and watched by cunts

Presented by one cunt and watched by many of us other cunts.

I liked the one recently about the couple who freely admitted they were incredibly fucking lucky that they were able to convert a barn in the wife's parent's enormous back yard, no pretence that they weren't fortunate that way. They didn't actually earn a ton (the husband was a pub manager) and the wife was diagnosed with cancer mid-way through the shoot, then there was covid.

It looked like a lovely home at the end, which is what I like about these shows. Though they always seem to miss out bannisters - Kevin actually picked up on it this time, but generally it's here is this lovely staircase which doesn't break up the space and also it will probably kill you.

Presented by one cunt and watched by many of us other cunts.

I liked the one recently about the couple who freely admitted they were incredibly fucking lucky that they were able to convert a barn in the wife's parent's enormous back yard, no pretence that they weren't fortunate that way. They didn't actually earn a ton (the husband was a pub manager) and the wife was diagnosed with cancer mid-way through the shoot, then there was covid.

It looked like a lovely home at the end, which is what I like about these shows. Though they always seem to miss out bannisters - Kevin actually picked up on it this time, but generally it's here is this lovely staircase which doesn't break up the space and also it will probably kill you.
I've spotted the thing with bannisters and railings too.

Back
Top Bottom