Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

"Got, got, need, need, got" World Cup Sticker Album Thread

Loads of Ivory Coast swaps so far. But not even a single Iranian player. (Racists... ;) )

The Greek centre forward looks like an axe murderer.

I'm still laughing at how shit the England stickers look - heads photoshopped onto bodies wearing white t-shirts.

Too early to do swaps yet I reckon…but I'm building a sizeable pile.

The England ones were the same in 2012, possibly before that too. It's fucking ridiculous.

Are the England ones different overseas? Do other countries do the same as England in their home market? Anyone know?

I bought some in Greece in 2010 to check, but didn't get any England players.

When I was in South Africa four years ago I got some England stickers and they were the same, shitty ones not in the proper shirts :(

(btw sorry about the Gas JTG :( )

When I was in South Africa four years ago I got some England stickers and they were the same, shitty ones not in the proper shirts :(

(btw sorry about the Gas JTG :( )
Ta. Feels worse with each passing day and had to resist thumping people in work over even mentioning it.
At least Luton are gone and no Fleetwood/Crawley big spenders in sight. Could be a good year to be a big fish.
Still very angry and hurt though :(

Ta. Feels worse with each passing day and had to resist thumping people in work over even mentioning it.
At least Luton are gone and no Fleetwood/Crawley big spenders in sight. Could be a good year to be a big fish.
Still very angry and hurt though :(
Yeah it's a gutter, for sure. There are a few positives tho - a few new interesting away trips, always terracing to stand on, winning games (possibly.) But few teams bring more than a couple of hundred away fans, so atmospheres can be a bit flat. Hope you get back quickly!

Mind you, Wrexham, Torquay, Grimsby, Lincoln, Kiddy, Macc etc are all very familiar already

Made a start on mine.. Got a work challenge on the go to see who can complete the most by final day. So far a distinct lack of foils.. Just one, England. Also a lack of silly names.. Favourite has to be Hulk

Close analysis of a BBC report on sticker collecting in Brazil earlier shows that the England team have crappy photoshopped shirts and a rubbish foil badge abroad too :mad:

Screen Shot 2014-05-12 at 18.42.32.png

I wonder if footballers who make it into the album collect the album and stickers. Or get a free shiney version of themselves from pannini

I wonder if footballers who make it into the album collect the album and stickers. Or get a free shiney version of themselves from pannini
there's a space in the front of the album for a sticker of yourself - i think you can create one online. Not sure how it works though..

250-odd stickers in and there's a distinct lack of USA and Japan :hmm:

Back
Top Bottom