Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

World Cup Gambling Thread

Started with a pound got nothing left :D might invest another pound on bets today .. this has been a great world cup for the unpredictable to happen

Lots of my bets have come in! I also used a £10 free bet on the horses on Paddy Power, chose a horse by closing my eyes and picking one at random, and won £80. :D After deducting the amounts I actually bet, I'm up £82. I'm also up £26 on Winner after putting in a tenner total.

I've cashed it all out now, but in the extremely unlikely event that either Switzerland, the Ivory Coast, Costa Rica or Honduras win the whole World Cup, I'm in the money some more.

Argentina, Bosnia, France and the Swiss all to win, fairly low odds but if it comes off, £6.60 will win me £19.61 - can cash out now and get £11.09:hmm:

Winner also gave me some free bets for accumulators so I closed my eyes and picked, and put the bet on. The odds are something like 450000 to 1. :D

Oops, I added a zero too many. 45738 to 1 so the returns are 457,380. Yup. Plus a five-bet accumulator at 44919 to one. I'll know by 11pm tonight if I've won almost a million quid. :D

Argentina, Bosnia, France and the Swiss all to win, fairly low odds but if it comes off, £6.60 will win me £19.61 - can cash out now and get £11.09:hmm:
didn't cash out, the French have let me down,will get a few quid back though

eta - got about £6 back:mad: *shakes fist at France*

Last edited:
£5.00 on Brazil to win and both teams to score @ 5/2
£1.50 Neymar First Goalscorer @ 3/1
£1.00 Brazil 3-1 half time @ 45/1
£1.00 Chile 3-2 half time @ 500/1

Excellent start to my penalty bets on every knock out game strategy - £37 profit straight off! (pity Chile didn't win as that would have been £50). That'll at least pay for my bets on the remainder of this round of games even if none of the others go to pens. :)

:facepalm:

I put some late bets on on Chile , to win in extra time, then to win on Penalties:(
You should back both teams to win on pens - then you win whoever wins the shootout. It's great watching it when you know you've won money whatever the outcome! I also put a small bet on both teams to win in extra time so I'm covered if that happens, but most games that go into extra time go to pens, and that's always my main bet in these big games.

uruguay my 5 th attempt at wining some money in this betting madness
@14/5 £5.00 £2.00 cavani 1 st goal £32 down so far

All my hopes are pinned on Colombia now. Sweep at work and 2 quid to win the tournament at 11/1. I think it'll all total about fifty quid. There's the small matter of them beating Brazil, mind.

Eightfold accumulator on all 8 quarter finalists won nicely, £246 in the sky rocket! I thank you. :D
Good work. Let us know who you're doing for the quarter finals will ya?! ;) I can see Colombia and Belgium beating Brazil and Argentina, but I'm not sure the powers-that-be would allow the 2 big south American favs to go out at this stage.

Good work. Let us know who you're doing for the quarter finals will ya?! ;) I can see Colombia and Belgium beating Brazil and Argentina, but I'm not sure the powers-that-be would allow the 2 big south American favs to go out at this stage.

The quarters are a much tougher bet!

Good shout on Columbia, a superior 'team' to Brazil who rely too much on Neymar & he's due a bad game and also has a slight knock, think Argentina will step up & be more used to the climate of the 5pm ko & knock out Belgium though, consistant Germany to beat 'tendancy to sometimes choke' France & the later 9pm kick off will help Holland to beat over achieving Costa Rica.

Eightfold accumulator on all 8 quarter finalists won nicely, £246 in the sky rocket! I thank you. :D

Dammit. I was in Paddy Powers and about to do that (to go through rather than 90 mins) and some fucker phoned me on a work-related call, I answered it and forgot all about the bet!
Well done to you though!

Congratulations! I guessed right, just went guessed wrong on how long it would take Argentina, Belgium and Germany would take to do it ...

We'll yesterday , I put a load of £5 bets ( 30 quids worth ) on silly bets, won nothing

Checked my balance this morning, and I'd forgot when drunk I put £50 quid on Germany to win

£150 thank you very much.

Today I've got my free £20 quid bet on Arg to win but both to score at 4/1

It's all a bit exciting having a flutter isn't it ?

And to boot I'm still about £40 quid up.

I've never gambled on football before and will stop when it's all over :D

Back
Top Bottom