Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

"Got, got, need, need, got" World Cup Sticker Album Thread

Free albums in the supermarket at the moment.
All good dealers offer freebies to get 'em hooked

Anyway, no, no money for it. Still have a mountain of 2006 swaps if anyone has any spaces in their old albums

I didn't pick one up, I was just passing on the information. I very much doubt I'll do it this year seeing as I have not had a child this year.

Which members of the England squad have they got hilariously wrong this year?

It's not that bad, only picked 17 so relatively safe. The likes of Adam Lallana and Raheen Sterling are going to be well pissed off, England players at a World Cup and no Panini sticker of themselves :(

Anyone get the Esso 'coins' team back in the day? Around the time of the tiger tokens. I completed that one but have to credit the old man with paying for the petrol.

I'm considering buying a display (50 packets, if I'm not mistaken) if our merch supplier carries it at a decent price :oops:

My brother did this last time and regretted it.
that's my fear too :oops: I'd bet it kind of feels like buying a mostly complete sticker album.
All depends on the price, although I think they're not carrying it at all this time around.

that's my fear too :oops: I'd bet it kind of feels like buying a mostly complete sticker album.
All depends on the price, although I think they're not carrying it at all this time around.
If I remember rightly he still had loads that he needed but felt he'd already spent too much on the stickers to buy more packets. I spose it depends if you've got lots of people you can swap with.

Picked my album up today and also one for the 5yo... I'm dead excited about competing with him doing it together!

Can't remember how much a sticker pack was last time (I've still got a drawer of stickers from last time), trying to work out appropriate chores for him to do to earn them.

Picked my album up today and also one for the 5yo... I'm dead excited about competing with him doing it together!

Can't remember how much a sticker pack was last time (I've still got a drawer of stickers from last time), trying to work out appropriate chores for him to do to earn them.
If I do it can I do swapsies with him?

Initial impressions:
The Brazilians' names, previously a byword for carefree exoticism, are now just silly. Half of them are more like a working men's club in Barnsley than the Copacabana. Disappointing.
The Germans have yet to make an impression on my album. I'm not writing them off though, they're sure to come good in the latter stages. Hopefully I can hold off on getting sticker 492 for as long as possible so that I can keep doing that 'Mertesacker Emptiness' joke I love so much.
Likewise, the Dutch are keeping a low profile, which is just as well after they shat all over the tournament last time like a blonde Argentina 1990.
Argentina themselves look as shifty as ever. I don't trust 'em :hmm:
Cameroon look a safe bet to defend the wackiest hairdos title they've held since 1994.
Spain's pics are about as interesting as the football they play.
Excitingly, Greece could well be the beardiest team since Bulgaria last qualified. They could even give Hungary's classic wolfman XI of 1986 a run for their money.
Honduras maintain the great Latin American tradition of looking in every direction other than the camera. I am hopeful that their squad pic will be the classic 'front row awkwardly half squatting wanting to be anywhere but there' :cool:
Ghana and Korea look favourites for being completed first but there's nowt on offer for looking impressive early doors.
Anyone got any swaps? :hmm:

Ah, those heady days when everyone knew who made the sticker albums but no one had the foggiest idea what a panini was... jumpers for goalposts, hmm?

Anyone get the Esso 'coins' team back in the day? Around the time of the tiger tokens. I completed that one but have to credit the old man with paying for the petrol.
Yeah…..I remember it took fucking ages to find the last coin - Colin Hendry I think. Mum was driving all over the place to Esso garages trying to find it.

Can't believe they had England and Scotland together in the same album!

The most hilarious/amatuerish thing about the England stickers is the FA won't let Panini/Fifa use pics of the players actually wearing England shirts. So they have superimposed the players' heads onto a body wearing a white t-shirt. And it looks fucking rubbish!

(PS - and this is the precise reason we won't win the World Cup ;) )

The adults who get misty-eyed over Panini World Cup stickers

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-27051215

_74425035_albums-larger.jpg

Back
Top Bottom