Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Glastonbury 2023

I enjoyed Guns n Roses, although, yeah, either Axl's voice ain't really there any more or the soundman was having a total nightmare. People that were there are saying it sounded fine in the field on Twitter this morning. November Rain still makes me laugh, even now. Disappointed that Slash didn't play the solo stood on the piano, though - that's the best bit. :D I think they epitomise pretty much everything I hate about rock n roll. Really enjoyed it. :D

I enjoyed Guns n Roses, although, yeah, either Axl's voice ain't really there any more or the soundman was having a total nightmare. People that were there are saying it sounded fine in the field on Twitter this morning. November Rain still makes me laugh, even now. Disappointed that Slash didn't play the solo stood on the piano, though - that's the best bit. :D I think they epitomise pretty much everything I hate about rock n roll. Really enjoyed it. :D
Read the same this morning, sound was fine in the field.

And bloody hell, fair play to Lewis Capaldi for soldiering on and doing his best to sing through his tics. Crowd helping him out was genuinely heartwarming. I'm not sure some Glastonbury crowds I've been in would've been as kind.

Gonna watch Lizzo later - sounds like she played a blinder. Juice is a tune and a half, by anyone's standards.

I watched the last 10/15 mins of Fatboy Slim. My man was fucking clapping himself after every tune.

Never really got his appeal but the crowd were loving him.

And bloody hell, fair play to Lewis Capaldi for soldiering on and doing his best to sing through his tics. Crowd helping him out was genuinely heartwarming. I'm not sure some Glastonbury crowds I've been in would've been as kind.
Totally agree, we were rooting him on and fair play to the crowd.

Sound was fine in the field. There were a couple of moments where because he was running around his mic wasn't picking him up. Vocally he did better on some songs than others (basically you need an amazing voice to pull off rock ballads and so you had to make some allowances for age) but overall it was a belter.

Dave Grohl. Spends his 'surprise' set whinging about only being given an hour. Then crashes The Pretenders set then GnR's as well. Peak Grohl?

This year seems like a massive 'legends' year really. Which I'm not really complaining about. But does make me a little sad that there aren't any younger bands making the step up.

Absolutely loved the Lathums though. The unbridled joy of youth and pinching themselves. And the singer is fucking amazing.

Just been on the dodgems at the Pier.

And watched this:

View attachment 380598

The real glasto!

Many many years ago I watched a guy who's act was solely based around how many elastic bands he could get on his face. He was from NZ and I'd already got tickets to leave the uk. I had a super quick chat with him at the end of his show, wished him well, he did the same. Less than 6 months later, I only went and bumped into him again at the buskers festival in Invercargil. Very bottom of the South island nz. Bought him a pint. He bought me a pint. Hours later we were still drinking, we both had elastic bands on our faces.

Giving The Ezra Collective a spin now. We’ve seen them live a cpl of times and a bit like The Comet is Coming they’re better in a smokey tent later on at night with some psilocybin onboard.

Brilliant all the same tho’.

I really want to like Loyle Carner. He seems so lovely. But goodness, how on earth does he manage to write (supposedly groovy) music with no groove and no hooks? It was really bizarre! :D

I did think that, along with "Well who invited them ?". Not terribly appropriate really. They did a flyover at Tankfest but I think that was perfectly appropriate.
Small blessing they didn't time it to coincide with Elton John doing Candle in The Wind

These 'red arrow' Hawks are literally the plane Britain is illegally training Saudi's in to kill people in Yemen with

Waiting for Cat Stevens.

Question:

In the sea of flags, why am I not seeing a U75 one?

I know lots of posters go to Glastonbury, so why no U75 flag?

Back
Top Bottom