Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Glastonbury 2023

Planning on crewing (I will one day, dammit!) but certainly for 2022 the crew slots were dished-out after the ticket resale and I was too far down the pecking-order to be considered.

In the meantime, I'll be attempting to get a coach ticket or failing that a standard ticket and making my own way there.

Whatever is planned for William, I'll try my utmost to be there!

Planning on crewing (I will one day, dammit!) but certainly for 2022 the crew slots were dished-out after the ticket resale and I was too far down the pecking-order to be considered.

It's why I'm pushing for our crew competition to start before the ticket sale, so we get people applying who want to be our crew, not just those who didn't get tickets.

What crew do you want to be on site?

It's why I'm pushing for our crew competition to start before the ticket sale, so we get people applying who want to be our crew, not just those who didn't get tickets.

What crew do you want to be on site?
Info point. As an attendee of 20+ Glastos, it's where my skillset lies.

I did the training for this year as I was on the reserve list, but the training took place 3 weeks after the deadline date for ticket refunds.

I take it your crew is a tad different?

Last edited:
Info point. As an attendee of 20+ Glastos, it's where my skillset lies.

I did the training for this year as I was on the reserve list, but the training took place 3 weeks after the deadline date for ticket refunds.

I take it your crew is a tad different?
Will PM :)

At least with Glastonbury you have until April to save up. With Boomtown, which is not far different in price this time, you either pay it all now or I think there's a payment plan? I dunno, I've always worked Boomtown, so I've never bought a ticket.

I plan on doing info again, twill be my 21 year of doing so. Will be on site Sunday PM as usual and head home Monday after.

As far a WoW goes, there are a couple of places where I will buy 2 pints, one for me and one for him, drink my one then drink his one.

If there is anything organised then I will attend that as well, shifts permitting.

On top of the steep festival tickets, campervans are astronomical too. £150 or £250 depending on the size of your pitch:
1666131290139.png

got tickets for me & the mates at 9.15
result

since the sold out message hasn't appeared yet after a whole hour, I guess the big price rice + cost of living worries have really put a lot of people off trying. :(

Most of the delay was down to the usual Seetickets server fail but once that got sorted all tickets in the release were sold out.

REALLY fucked off that one of our group gave a wrong reg number - twice!

I was lucky enough to get through to the 'add registrations' page only to get the reg not found' message for one of the numbers. Got a revised number but that didn't work either. Removed their details from the 'add registrations' page and managed to hit 'Proceed' but got no further.

That delay has cost us our tickets.

Got my tickets.

Sad that a friend got to the payment page and then the crash happened.

I was lucky enough to get through to the 'add registrations' page only to get the reg not found' message for one of the numbers. Got a revised number but that didn't work either. Removed their details from the 'add registrations' page and managed to hit 'Proceed' but got no further.

I'd be fuming!

Mixed feelings. We got 12 (including me and mrs), but that was less than a third of our group.

Twice?! How the...
That's super awful.

A number of expletives have been said. And then some! I have sent screenshots of their fuck-up to the rest of the group.

No joy for me. First time ever I think (that I've tried and not succeeded).

Tbh I was expecting or would assume to be much more utterly devastated than I am. We've had tons of incredible weekends there, and it's the best place on the planet no-questions-asked for that weekend...But it is getting less and less different each year, so I'm a bit 'meh, we'll go again'. We've agreed to a memorable fuck-off holiday for 2 weeks around that weekend Bear watching or something in the Amazon to a) get us out the country and b) make us feel like we went down a path that had more impact in the memorable life moments stakes.

I'm more pissed off that I didn't 'win'. My tech skills/luck have been found wanting. The system beat me. I have failed my family, and must commit seppuku.

Fuck! If I was looking to fill my mind with people that have it worse than me to make me feel better, that's a cracker of an addition.

Imagine if that was you?! Christ it brings me out in shivers just contemplating the thought of being the guy that fucked it for your whole group!

I came home early from an afterparty too especially :mad:
One of our group went to bed at 4:30 after an 8 hour work shift. Got up at 8:30 so 4 hours sleep. Didn't even get a hold page on any of his screens. He might as well have stayed in bed for all the use he was but it's all about numbers and laws of averages and birth signs n shit innit so he contributed that way.

Back
Top Bottom