Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Festivals 2023

I saw the Captain there a few years ago. I had to go out to the garden to drag him away from his joint and onto stage.

Fossilheads- don’t think I have seen them. Are you staying all weekend?

I know it's next year but it seems premature to start a 2024 one when we've barely kicked off this year.

In short, Altern 8 play in Derby.

I saw the Captain there a few years ago. I had to go out to the garden to drag him away from his joint and onto stage.

Fossilheads- don’t think I have seen them. Are you staying all weekend?
Hahaa :)

They're clever, funny, sharp - love em.

Nah, am leaving early Sunday. Gotta save holidays, so back in work Monday and it's a long drive home.

I know it's next year but it seems premature to start a 2024 one when we've barely kicked off this year.

In short, Altern 8 play in Derby.

Missed you at Bearded. I liked it better again this year compared to last year's vibe, which was disappointing in various ways.

Missed you at Bearded. I liked it better again this year compared to last year's vibe, which was disappointing in various ways.
Selfishly I wish the Bearded reports had been terrible this year but I'm sort of glad I didn't go still because I've just done another trip to the family Mogden, including niece, and my immune system can't handle it. I shall put Bearded back on the list for next year ❤️

Loved Beared this year - so we are still up for another festival. any recomendations - not too big and not too far from leeds? green man sold out - and solfest line up looks really uninspiring. suggestions welcome :)

Festival acquaintance has something to do with it and it's quite linked to Ozrics and the like. If psychedelic is your cup of mushroom tea then I understand it's really quite good :D
I can’t really make a judgement from driving past the entrance but it seemed fairly chilled out at the gate. Relatively local to me but not my type of music, anyway good to learn something new about the area

Don't suppose anyone went to arctangent ? Would just like to know how it went as we drove past a couple of times.

Just got back from Supersonic for the first time. Godflesh were amazing, absolutely pummeling. Never listened to Oxbow cos I assumed they're the same thing as Merzbow but they were good too. Other highlights were Lankum, Algiers (although all their music sounds like John Carpenter themes now), Taqbir, Giant Swan, DJ Bus Replacement service, seeing a little bit of the Fat Out karaoke party. Ran into a few old faces I wasn't fully expecting to see which was nice as well.

Does anyone at Supersonic, apart from DJ BRS, play anything you can whistle on your milk round? I like the idea of the festival and I like the people who go there, just not sure I’d actually enjoy the experience, musically.

Does anyone at Supersonic, apart from DJ BRS, play anything you can whistle on your milk round? I like the idea of the festival and I like the people who go there, just not sure I’d actually enjoy the experience, musically.
Good question, actually. I have to admit that I did spend a fair bit of time this weekend internally grumbling about "fucking chinstrokers" and "bands you need a PhD to listen to", but it did win me over by the end. Going through the acts I mentioned as highlights: Godflesh you may well know, crushingly heavy industrial metal, Oxbow I dunno how I'd describe, don't read anything about them cos everything written about them makes them sound awful but the singer has amazing stage presence, Lankum is droney doomy Irish folk, Algiers are again hard to describe but my lazy attempt would be a bit like an industrial band with a gospel singer, their best song by far is Irony Utility Pretext which I challenge anyone not to enjoy, Taqbir are fun hard Morroccan punk, Giant Swan are I'm not too up on the distinctions of dance genres but fairly sure they count as techno, they've done a Boiler Room set if that helps? And there was a karaoke party, which I missed most of cos it clashed with Deerhoof but in retrospect I should've gone to all of cos watching pissed randoms singing Abba songs is probably more fun than watching Deerhoof playing Deerhoof songs.

Back
Top Bottom