Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Getting To Ally Pally for a gig.

Dubversion

Gorn
Enforced Holiday
am i thinking from town the best bet is overland to Ally Pally station going, shuttle bus to Wood Green tube coming back?

Depends where you are going from....

You can get the overland train to Ally Pally from Kings Cross (and maybe Moorgate?)

pootle said:
Depends where you are going from....

You can get the overland train to Ally Pally from Kings Cross (and maybe Moorgate?)

yeh, it goes from Moorgate direct.. easiest for me. but the overland finishes at 9pm, the twunts

If you go to Wood Green tube, you can also turn left out the tube, cross over the road (Lordship Lane) and get the W3 up to Ally Pally - avoids any ques for the Shuttle Bus. All much of a muchness really. I usually walk.

Suzon said:
What's wrong with the W3 from Finsbury Park?

well if i can get a direct line overland train to the venue rather than a tube to Finsbury park and then a bus, surely that's a better option?

Dubversion said:
well if i can get a direct line overland train to the venue rather than a tube to Finsbury park and then a bus, surely that's a better option?
Yes. Or it would be if everyone else wasn't going to have the same idea. A lot of people will be going back the same way, so, for your own comfort, you might want to do what I suggest. It's the way I've done it previously when going to large events there, and it's never let me down.

Still, try your own idea if you want.

We always walk back. All down hill and as fast as fighting on to a bus and it trundling down hill in case it knocks down the punters that keep running across the road.

Hollis said:
I usually walk

Yup, the op's the best way to go imo but forget the bus back to Wood Green - it's not too far & at least it's downhill...

Naff venue for a gig mind - done some work there a while back (with a couple of Urbanites ;) ) and the acoustics were pants...

Saw the White Stripes there in November and it was fucking awful, boring, no atmosphere, the bar was crap and we left early. Rubbish place. :(

Highlight was Alice Cooper walking past in the bar.

PieEye said:
We're not going for the accoustics.

We're going for the pants :cool:

Tom Jones??

I know he worked with the Flaming Lips - do you know what track it was for though?????

pk said:
Tom Jones??

I know he worked with the Flaming Lips - do you know what track it was for though?????

Yoshimi Battled the Pink Leek Valley Boy and the Climbed in a Giant Bubble of Dreams and Animal Suits and Twatted About for the Pleasure of Students and Music Journalists?

PieEye said:
Yoshimi Battled the Pink Leek Valley Boy and the Climbed in a Giant Bubble of Dreams and Animal Suits and Twatted About for the Pleasure of Students and Music Journalists?

are you another not a flaming lips fan then PieEye?? :eek:

or have i misread that....? :oops:

PieEye said:

Nope.

It was the theme tune for Duck Dodgers in the 25th 1/2 Century.

Which I recall was recorded in 1980!!!

Have the Lips been going that long???

foo said:
are you another not a flaming lips fan then PieEye?? :eek:

I'm withholding my opinion until I see them live. And I am taking the piss out of their track titles, yes.

Their gigs look wicked fun though :D

PieEye said:
I'm withholding my opinion until I see them live. And I am taking the piss out of their track titles, yes.

Their gigs look wicked fun though :D

yeh, that's fair enough. :cool:

i've just heard their albums (didn't like their sound one bit) - and have had a friend go on in long and boring detail about how 'whacky and crazee' they are on stage.

funnily enough, he used to be a music journo and is now a student. ;)

foo said:
and have had a friend go on in long and boring detail about how 'whacky and crazee' they are on stage.

Well they seem pretty genuine about making the gigs more than just a crowd worship opportunity and so have stuff going on that wanders into wacky territory. I'm up for that - I like to see the odd band that makes a bit more effort :cool:

If Timmy Mallett turns up I'll have words mind.

Sweet FA said:
You're going to see The bloody Darkness aren't you?

DEATH TO FALSE METAL! :mad:

They're quite a laugh live - far more suited to the Astoria though...

Back
Top Bottom