• Sweden win having scored 3 or more goals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • England win on pens (standard)

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Sweden win on pens

Votes: 7 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I want Sweden to win but England will win 3-1.

3-0 England.

I am slightly optimistic about England in this one.

Think this will be that one win England always has. A solid win (3-1 ish) and the nation will think they are invincible.
You people are delirious and delusional :facepalm:

(I know what you mean though, I had also been thinking along the lines of "in these runs they usually get one 'standout' performance, I just hope it wasn't against Panama".)

I am slightly optimistic about England in this one.

Think this will be that one win England always has. A solid win (3-1 ish) and the nation will think they are invincible.

I don't recall any solid England wins at the last world cup :hmm:

Bit of over confidence sneaking in here chaps.

Playing European opposition in a tournament is always a bit of tough one in that everyone has a preconceived notion of who we should be beat and who we may struggle against. Sweden very much fall into the category of teams we wouldn't be overly worried about if we were drawn in the same qualifying group as them, get a draw away and beat them at home sort of thing. Thing is, the Dutch and Italians probably thought that as well.

In a one off match anything can happen and I think its going to be a close game. We need to defend our set pieces well though, the Swedes would have been very interested in that Colombian goal. They do look crap up front mind, some bloke who plays in the UAE and another who struggles to get a regular game for a pretty shit team,

I am certain that we'll lose this and am telling myself repeatedly while simultaneously thinking we'll win 2-1 or 1-0. The duality of English football.

I am certain that we'll lose this and am telling myself repeatedly while simultaneously thinking we'll win 2-1 or 1-0. The duality of English football.

I once heard a Scottish guy on the radio explaining the difference between Scottish football fans and English football fans. The English go around telling everyone we're going to win the World Cup but deep down we know there is no chance. The Scottish go around telling everyone their team is useless and they have no chance but deep down they believe they can actually win the thing.

Lawro predicting 2-0 #itscominghome

In fairness Lawro's a prick.

They should just get rid of all these old pro's from the punditry merry go round. The game has changed so much since they played they bring nothing more than the average blow hard in the pub. When you see people like Gary Neville, Rio or Lee Dixon giving their take you realise just how useless the older bunch are.

Anyone older than Shearer or Ian Wright should be given the tin tack. Off you fuck Lawro and Terry fucking Butcher and collect that loon Hoddle whilst you're on the way out.

There was this song and it was all such a long time ago. You've probably forgotten by now.

Yeah, I guess they must have played it a bit 20 years ago or something then quietly forgot about it. :D

It didn't make any sense then either.

Yeah, I guess they must have played it a bit 20 years ago or something then quietly forgot about it. :D

It didn't make any sense then either.

It made more sense then because England was actually hosting the tournament so in that sense football was coming to England (whether you think England can correctly call itself the home of football is a somewhat controversial subject). Nowadays it seems more generally mean the trophy itself. I think there might be some poetic licence being employed.

Back
Top Bottom