Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

How will you feel if England go out of the WC?

How will you feel if England lose?

• Total voters
I've got a wine gum hangover, the Scottish management are being fairly understanding less so the grafters.
Listening to 6music commiserations play list is a bit of a dust in the eye moment, although I am also at the end of my professional tether today which adds up

All in all the reactions of the country seem to be admirable and as a country at least for a moment there is some nice pride and warmth despite footy defeat

Don't feel too bad really, largely because they played up to their potential and in the lost to a better organised and more flexible side. Much better feeling than going out on pens or blatant mistakes e.g. the Brazil quarter final where Seaman missed an easy save. Way better than the loss to Iceland. Still, not a great feeling.

Grateful to stop hearing that bloody Lightning Seeds tune.
This! The pub near my work had all the England songs from about the last 5 tournaments blaring out on loop yesterday teatime. Was almost a relief when that fucking vindaloo thing came on.

I feel worse than after Iceland. Didn't expect it. I know a large part is hangover but the footy has been such a distraction from a load of bothersome shit I'm trying to cope with IRL and now there's no distraction. Just shit.

I feel worse than after Iceland. Didn't expect it. I know a large part is hangover but the footy has been such a distraction from a load of bothersome shit I'm trying to cope with IRL and now there's no distraction. Just shit.
I think losing the final would have been gutting, but there'd have been lots of feegood stuff with it - images of England and France fans partying after the match (probably...), open top bus tour on their return to England. This just feels like an anti-climax.

Different emotions after the Iceland game - anger that we were so bad really. Also, Hodgson didn't take any responsibility, at least in the day or two after and went on the counter attack iirc, which was galling.

I would like Croatia to go on and win it. They showed great energy and skill against England, especially in the second half and extra time. The pundits who were saying they might have been tired after their long games were very wrong.

I would like Croatia to go on and win it. They showed great energy and skill against England, especially in the second half and extra time. The pundits who were saying they might have been tired after their long games were very wrong.
If only to see Pogba's next hair style when they do an open topped bus tour of Paris, I'd like France to win. Nah though, just want a competitive match and lots of skill.

I'm surprisingly upbeat. Given that we normally go out in a blaze of acrimony, managerial sackings and press hounding, this time it feels pretty good to be going out with some hope for the future. Normally have no time for the press but a quick scan of the headlines in the shops earlier was all 'You Did Us Proud' sort of stuff and, for once, they actually reflect how I feel too.

Obviously, as soon as I start to feel bad I'll blame it all on Spurs but that's perfectly natural.

But, this might have been the best chance to get into a world cup final, especially with our draw and so many big teams going out early.

Spring in my step, tbh, too many Spurs players involved for me to ever get seriously invested. Yh, I know...but, whatever...

But, this might have been the best chance to get into a world cup final, especially with our draw and so many big teams going out early.
I don't know anything about football, but if the only way the national team can get to a final is by a lucky draw so they only play second tier teams up to then end, then I don't know how much that's worth. Not a lot. Better to instead work on making a world beating team, isn't it?

Just put my empties out for recycling and felt momentarily wistful. After the party's over :D
In 4 years that will the opening shot of the new Three Lions 2 video. Cue your wistful face looking up to a thought bubble as elder statesmen of the team Rahford and Pickford lead the even younger lions to triumph in the Qatari sun. Ghosts of dead construction workers pick up the wistful baton for the 2026 Trumpland Soccerball World Cup.

Listening to the radio this morning at work (the hits) and they played a clip of people offering messages of support to the England team saying how proud they are etc. Nearly made me throw up.

We went to the WC and along with 30 other countries have been found to not be good enough to win it. We don't need to crucify them when we lose but neither do we have to get all teary eyed and talk about how bloody brave they were either!

Listening to the radio this morning at work (the hits) and they played a clip of people offering messages of support to the England team saying how proud they are etc. Nearly made me throw up.

We went to the WC and along with 30 other countries have been found to not be good enough to win it. We don't need to crucify them when we lose but neither do we have to get all teary eyed and talk about how bloody brave they were either!
We really have become a nation of cunts, one way and another.

Back
Top Bottom