• Sweden win having scored 3 or more goals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • England win on pens (standard)

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Sweden win on pens

Votes: 7 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If it is a secret poll then I went 3-0 to England. they have been pretty shite apart from that canal team & expect them to do better.

Sweden look poor up front but well organised at the back. England have created very few chances from open play but are very dangerous at set pieces which will also be Sweden's best chance.

This game is going to be decided by the odd goal, almost certainly from a set piece. Either that or penalties again.

Dele, Young, Walker and Vardy are all having assessment on injuries.

Out of those four, although he has his detractors it feels like Walker may be the biggest concern. Dele's had problems throughout the tournament, Vardy's been a bit-part player, we have Rose as an alternative to Young, but who can replace the very specific job Walker has been doing? Dier?

It's early in the morning and I feel rough, so all that may not be my best reasoning ever..

Maybe the current leader of the Golden Boot? From the top of my head, only one team in the tournament has scored more goals?
Yeah, the other team to play Panama and Tunisia :p If you leave the Panama game out of it, we've scored three goals in three games, which isn't exactly 'free scoring'.

Much as I love him, Kane has three penalties and a fluke deflection in that six, we can't rely on that against a very solid Swedish defence.

Of course, we could score three goals - especially in football I'd never say never - but I don't think there's a while lot of evidence to suggest it.

does anyone know where to find a touch map for Kane during the Colombia game? I'm curious about how much time he did or didn't spend in the penalty area.

does anyone know where to find a touch map for Kane during the Colombia game? I'm curious about how much time he did or didn't spend in the penalty area.
That was really frustrating. Couldn't understand it while watching. Some suggestion he was injured/fatigued?

Dele, Young, Walker and Vardy are all having assessment on injuries.

Out of those four, although he has his detractors it feels like Walker may be the biggest concern. Dele's had problems throughout the tournament, Vardy's been a bit-part player, we have Rose as an alternative to Young, but who can replace the very specific job Walker has been doing? Dier?

It's early in the morning and I feel rough, so all that may not be my best reasoning ever..

Yeah agreed, Walker would be the biggest worry. The way England set up at the back there are always going to be gaps behind the wing backs, Walker's pace and experience is pretty important despite him dropping a clanger or two. I imagine it would be Jones or Cahill who would come in, neither really inspire in a back three.

The way England play clearly doesn't suit Vardy. Things turned to shit when Southgate brought him on for Sterling the other day, not his fault but I just can't see him making any sort of impact in this tournament.

Dele is not fully fit, it's quite clear really.

Yeah, the other team to play Panama and Tunisia :p If you leave the Panama game out of it, we've scored three goals in three games, which isn't exactly 'free scoring'.

Much as I love him, Kane has three penalties and a fluke deflection in that six, we can't rely on that against a very solid Swedish defence.

Of course, we could score three goals - especially in football I'd never say never - but I don't think there's a while lot of evidence to suggest it.

Yeah, if you arbitrarily exclude lots of goals, we'd have scored fewer.

That was really frustrating. Couldn't understand it while watching. Some suggestion he was injured/fatigued?
I became gradually puzzled from about midway through the second half that he was playing deep and when crosses got into the box he wasn't there to greet them. But that may have been a tactical change for clever reasons I'm too thick to grasp, while having forgotten that he spent the whole first half camped on the penalty spot. :confused:

So where do I find a touch map? (if that's what they're called, google isn't providing)

I became gradually puzzled from about midway through the second half that he was playing deep and when crosses got into the box he wasn't there to greet them. But that may have been a tactical change for clever reasons I'm too thick to grasp, while having forgotten that he spent the whole first half camped on the penalty spot. :confused:

So where do I find a touch map?

I think it was when Vardy came on for Sterling. Kane dropped back into the pocket and Vardy played the furthest forward. It didn't work and Ryan Giggs alluded to it right at the end of the match. The subs didn't work for Southgate and that needs to be fixed.

Sweden look poor up front but well organised at the back. England have created very few chances from open play but are very dangerous at set pieces which will also be Sweden's best chance.

This game is going to be decided by the odd goal, almost certainly from a set piece. Either that or penalties again.

England have looked better in open play with the likes of Rashford, Loftus-Cheek and Rose on the pitch. Even Jamie Vardy looked pretty good the other night. I'd love to see Sterling do something besides beat a couple of defenders then give the ball away but he's had beaucoup chances to do that and still nothing.

Still I expect the same starting 11, unless Ashley Young has done himself a serious mischief.

I think it was when Vardy came on for Sterling. Kane dropped back into the pocket and Vardy played the furthest forward. It didn't work and Ryan Giggs alluded to it right at the end of the match. The subs didn't work for Southgate and that needs to be fixed.
I think it was before that, but not sure.

Personally I wanted Rashford on earlier but Southgate didn't even look at the email.

Back
Top Bottom