Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Genoa bridge collapse -14th August, dozens feared dead

it was one fucking ugly bridge when it was there. There has to be some major design errors/dodginess behind this awful collapse.

That bridge crosses the main train line heading north to Milan etc, as well as carrying the major westbound road out of the city. This will cause untold chaos :(

How does a massive section of the motorway just fall like that? :(
The structural integrity of these bridges is derived from the sum of the parts - if any major part of it lets go, it's all in jeopardy.

Good god, has it crushed the houses/flats that were below it too?

:(
Dkjc79VXoAAwO_w.jpg

The foreground tower has collapsed. The building to its right is still visible in the post-collapse photos. It's hard to tell quite what's happened beneath the middle tower, but I think the majority has fallen into the rail yard.

I drove over this last year. Can't believe it. According to La Stampa it was built from 63 to 67. Apparently just a couple of years after its construction a Prof of Engineering was saying that it was a failure and would have to be rebuilt because of its high cost of maintenance

And as if anything could make this tragedy even worse the conspiraloons are already blaming terrorists :( :mad:

And as if anything could make this tragedy even worse the conspiraloons are already blaming terrorists :( :mad:
They said the same thing after the Mississippi River bridge collapse in 2007. There will be shadowy people drilling holes appearing in these clowns stories before long.

That A10 road has a lot of bridges on it, many of them straddling towns as this one does. I hope the rest of them are built better.

Back
Top Bottom