Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

General Coronavirus (COVID-19) chat

I work in a lovely supermarket, our customers are almost 100% compliant with face coverings and need only gentle reminders about distancing (the teenage staff are much more casual). Coronavirus is always the main topic of conversation at the checkouts and a lot of customers still disinfect all the bags and packaging. We are still selling plenty of wipes, bleach and Dettol.

The husband of my partner's friend has just tested positive for the second time, as in with a gap of a few months. Not sure what to think about that.
Sad to hear that. There's been a few of these cases. It does batter the shit out of the herd immunity bullshit. Worryingly, the cases I've read about suggest that the second time is worse.

This is getting more and more shit everyday, isn't it.

They've got no idea whether he's caught it twice or had a false positive. But it happening to someone I know (though not well) makes me wonder if it's less uncommon than we generally think. I've never met anyone who has won a lottery jackpot, for example.

Last edited:
They've got no idea whether he's caught it twice or had a false positive. But it happening to someone I know (though not well) makes me wonder if it's less uncommon than we generally think. I've never met anyone who has won a lottery jackpot, for example.

I think the procedure for properly confirming reinfection involves genomic analysis of samples from both infections... That's obviously already a high initial barrier.

I think the procedure for properly confirming reinfection involves genomic analysis of samples from both infections... That's obviously already a high initial barrier.
Do they actually retain and store the samples?

Do they actually retain and store the samples?

I have no idea, but I'm guessing generally not. So opportunities to carry out that kind of testing would be very rare... It wouldn't stop observation of people who seem to have been reinfected of course, but I suppose you need that additional level of testing to be sure that there wasn't a false positive, wasn't an atypical presentation etc.

Or at least they've not told you if they have won it

Back
Top Bottom