Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

General Coronavirus (COVID-19) chat

Hmm. I need to remember tomorrow to go and order some more of my meds. Can't really work without them and work is unlikely to be suspended any time soon.

I had been wondering how the whole funerals thing would work.
You always get a lot of old people coming together, and a few kids and stuff.

Will we see specific funerals advice coming out?
Will it be "special arrangements" to deal with sheer volume etc.?

Christ, yesterday was terrible. Couldn't tell whether I was ill or just missing my meds, daughter ringing hourly (sweetheart has had to stop her from talking to me since I had a massive panic attack - couldn't breathe or stop shaking (again not sure whether just meds. When I finally got them (my script) I couldn't stop being sick so had to use all the injectables (soz folks, I should prolly be doing all this on drug forum).
On the upside, I live in a terrific community (a small council/mixed estate) - my local convenience store has been keeping a supply of stuff not on the shelves and will do deliveries. Have put my name down as a person offering help and we are trying to co-ordinate some sort of central emergency line. D-i-L not going to work (because my youngest has resorted to deception to keep her off work (in a nursery while she is completely immune deficient although has gamma-globulin treatment). Her meds are being delivered on Thursday - 3 months worth!)
I think for a lot if is, some sort of action is the best response - getting help to people, even just visiting and talking through the windows. May try to do a daily round to check on my elderly neighbours.

I had been wondering how the whole funerals thing would work.
You always get a lot of old people coming together, and a few kids and stuff.

Will we see specific funerals advice coming out?
Will it be "special arrangements" to deal with sheer volume etc.?
There's talk of funerals in crematoria being videocast...

Christ, yesterday was terrible. Couldn't tell whether I was ill or just missing my meds, daughter ringing hourly (sweetheart has had to stop her from talking to me since I had a massive panic attack - couldn't breathe or stop shaking (again not sure whether just meds. When I finally got them (my script) I couldn't stop being sick so had to use all the injectables (soz folks, I should prolly be doing all this on drug forum).
On the upside, I live in a terrific community (a small council/mixed estate) - my local convenience store has been keeping a supply of stuff not on the shelves and will do deliveries. Have put my name down as a person offering help and we are trying to co-ordinate some sort of central emergency line. D-i-L not going to work (because my youngest has resorted to deception to keep her off work (in a nursery while she is completely immune deficient although has gamma-globulin treatment). Her meds are being delivered on Thursday - 3 months worth!)
I think for a lot if is, some sort of action is the best response - getting help to people, even just visiting and talking through the windows. May try to do a daily round to check on my elderly neighbours.
Look at this little warrior. :cool:

Where's the thread in which healthy gits like me can complain about people leaving slight but noticeable traces of that hand sanitiser shite all over the place? There's nothing worse than grabbing a handle or whatever only to find it's coated in a thin smear of the old shite. Makes me fucking gag.

i'm bawlin'

Due to coronavirus concerns, Bob couldn't go inside the nursing home and be with his wife Nancy, but he didn't let that stop him from celebrating.

Bob brought a sign to the nursing home that said "I've loved you 67 years and still do. Happy Anniversary."

11:00 receive a text from vet to say one of the dogs vaccinations are due and to ring and make appointment.
11:15 I ring vet to make appointment, I am told by receptionist that due to covid-19 no routine appointments are available until post 20th April.
I say, I’ve just had a text to make appointment, I fear for my dog as your right hand does not know what your left hand is doing.
Receptionist said bear with me.
I say marvellous, the bear didn’t struggle to make an appointment.
Wasted humour, but in on 26th March.
Result.

Received this email from Dominos today, I have this vision of the guy placing the pizza on the doorstep, ringing the bell and legging it down the drive before I open the door

Attachments

• dominos.JPG
    dominos.JPG
    85.6 KB · Views: 18
Back
Top Bottom