Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

General Coronavirus (COVID-19) chat

Done a home test 2 hours ago and it came back with a very very faint line. Just done another one but this time all clear. Ffs dunno wat to make of it

1 out of hospital, 2 more tested positive looking after 4 kids. Negative myself and double jabbed but still a worry. Dad has been turtling for over 2 years? Copd and that's just a death sentence. Dropping off gourmet frozen packs in the freezer is the closest we can get. Brother has it, mum is isolating due to seeing him. I know its a cliche in Cornwall but fucking tourists, I dropped my holiday plans.

CDC observational study showing the most significant co morbidities in serious outcomes...
Under 40, hypertension becomes a major factor.

comorbid.jpg

Anxiety and fear related disorders at 1.28. Quite surprising to learn, while it can be pretty disabling psychologically there isn't anything specifically wrong with you.

Elevated adrenaline perhaps?

Anxiety and fear related disorders at 1.28. Quite surprising to learn, while it can be pretty disabling psychologically there isn't anything specifically wrong with you.

Elevated adrenaline perhaps?

Stress, particularly long-term, can do a real number on weakening your immune system (elevated levels of cortisol lessen the numbers of white blood cells your body produces for instance) as well as being a factor in many diseases itself (heart problems and diabetes being two big ones).

Something I can't quite understand: the "28 days after testing positive" thing, firstly if you test positive and end up in ICU do they continue testing you or is it taken that you have Covid and no further testing is done?.
If this is so then must be a significant number of people who survive longer than a month but then succumb and who are not counted as a Covid death

I'm likely missing something but I havn't seen this made clear.

Something I can't quite understand: the "28 days after testing positive" thing, firstly if you test positive and end up in ICU do they continue testing you or is it taken that you have Covid and no further testing is done?.
If this is so then must be a significant number of people who survive longer than a month but then succumb and who are not counted as a Covid death

I'm likely missing something but I havn't seen this made clear.
There is also a'covid mentioned on the death certificate' figure on the dashboard which last time I looked was over 153000 :(

So they've announced here that close contacts dont have to isolate if they have been doubly vaccinated.

Cant help but feel this is a mistake.

12 to 15 yr olds being vaccinated now...and no plans to vaccinate anyone under the age of 12. So all primary school age kids will head back to school in 2 weeks with no protection.

And at the same time NPHET saying that they are very concerned at high numbers of covid in the country.

Mixed messages?

It's really quite frightening.

Just doing the weekly 'figures' for the government and it is a fucking mess of lies :mad:

Fucking frightening state of affairs :(

Have been asked how I measure 'success' in the following...

BAME Community
HMOs
Men under 30
High risk places of employment
Multi Generational households

WTF?

How would you report on this?

Just doing the weekly 'figures' for the government and it is a fucking mess of lies :mad:
How would you report on this?

May I suggest a time-honoured spunking cock?

In all seriousness though, what are they actually asking you to do? :|

Apols if this has been covered...

I need to provide proof of a negative LFT so I took it and used the .gov report a test thing. So I've now got an email saying I've reported a negative test.

But I was expecting to have to scan the QR code on the test or maybe take a pic of the negative test ( which I've done anyway). Although I did have to input a code number from it.

I mean, I could have just just said my test was negative without doing one.

Am I missing something?

You could have scanned the QR code instead of typing the number.
But no, you haven’t missed anything. It is on the honour system.

Probably (part of) why they’ve said when the NHS pass becomes mandatory next month for clubs etc that tests won’t count anymore. It’ll be vaccine or exemption only.

Even if they did make you submit a photo of the actual test lines, it’d still be on trust as anyone could just pour the test liquid on to activate without swabbing.

Apols if this has been covered...

I need to provide proof of a negative LFT so I took it and used the .gov report a test thing. So I've now got an email saying I've reported a negative test.

But I was expecting to have to scan the QR code on the test or maybe take a pic of the negative test ( which I've done anyway). Although I did have to input a code number from it.

I mean, I could have just just said my test was negative without doing one.

Am I missing something?

No, that is how the self-reporting system works. I had to do the same thing to go to a football match and its the same policy for music festivals. Its a bit leaky to say the least as all you have to do is have a lateral flow test so you can record the number. Actually doing the test and honestly reporting the result is based upon trust.

I went on the bus and tube today for various reasons, armed with my FFP2 mask.

One of a few 'why the fuck did I do this' prompts was a person who got on the tube and sat a couple of seats down from me; no mask; got out a hand fan to flap their covid breath at everyone; and was sniffling and dabbing at their snotty nose with a tissue. I had to move.

I hate this. Hate feeling so hostile to people. Hate the real risk that some don't get or don't believe in or don't care about.

Hate it hate it hate it.

(I can be grown up and practical about managing it some other time.)

My wife has been offered antibody test from the Zoe app. She's going to give it a go but sounds pretty horrific!! I mean I'm off to give blood on Thursday but at least I just have to lie there, not err "milk" my finger.....

Done a home test 2 hours ago and it came back with a very very faint line. Just done another one but this time all clear. Ffs dunno wat to make of it
Also make sure you've not eaten or drunk anything for a while before doing it, as you can actually trigger a positive result using coke, or tomato sauce and other things for cool scientific reasons I can't remember- i think something to do with the PH. A load of kids somewhere in Scotland got off school doing that, legends

That's interesting

Maybe 2hats might throw some light on this..

I assume vaccines produce slightly different antibodies to the various different variants of covid, and they can work out which is which, in a similar way as they tell the different between the various variants.

Oh, here you go, seems to be the difference between standard antibodies, and spike protein antibodies.

This test bundle combines our two COVID-19 antibody tests:

COVID-19 Antibody Test: This test looks for COVID-19 antibodies in a blood sample. Antibodies are made by the body in response to the virus. A positive antibody result indicates that you have had COVID-19 in the past.

COVID-19 Vaccine Immunity Test: This test looks for COVID-19 spike protein antibodies in a blood sample. All currently available vaccines use the spike protein to produce an immune response. A positive antibody result indicates that you have produced antibodies in response to the vaccine or past COVID-19 infection.

Back
Top Bottom