Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

General aviation/airplane news and chat

I suspect that the Navy pilot would have performed (or tried to) a far more gentile landing if he’d been flying an Air Force variant of the plane rather than the carrier version. Not sure a non-strengthened plane could take that kind of punishment without likely damage?

Does this mean that former Navy pilots seeking employment as commercial airline pilots are not as sought after as their AF counterparts? :D

I suspect that the Navy pilot would have performed (or tried to) a far more gentile landing if he’d been flying an Air Force variant of the plane rather than the carrier version. Not sure a non-strengthened plane could take that kind of punishment without likely damage?

Does this mean that former Navy pilots seeking employment as commercial airline pilots are not as sought after as their AF counterparts? :D

Nobody in commercial aviation gives the slightest fuck what you did in military aviation. They just care that you turn up and not complain about the miserable employment conditions.

Does anyone know why the typhoon has such a nose up attitude? Is it just trying to fly as slow as the hurricane or just a quirk of the photo?

The former. It's probably trying quite hard not to stall.

On this subject, and thinking back to the A380 RC model footage I posted above, I guess if you are a modeller you couldn’t really make a fully accurate flying model of the Typhoon, if the real thing is designed to be an aerodynamically unstable design only flyable with the help of an onboard computer?

On this subject, and thinking back to the A380 RC model footage I posted above, I guess if you are a modeller you couldn’t really make a fully accurate flying model of the Typhoon, if the real thing is designed to be an aerodynamically unstable design only flyable with the help of an onboard computer?
Maybe team up with the tech engineers who could make a motion sensor based control system. Might take some time much like designing the real thing though 😏

Yes, it's do-able and people (usually Germans) do build very large flying RC models of 'relaxed stability' a/c like the Typhoon by using 3-axis giro stabilised electronics to expand the controllable flight envelope.

The FCS is (understandably) not in the same league as the software on real thing as the RC version sheds energy like a bastard in high alpha turns.

My dad told me a danair comet 4 was my first ever plane ride as newborn baby. Obviously I don't remember it so disnt suffer any trauma from the garish upholstery, but can chalk off a comet4 off my plane bucket list😊.
As a kid I saw many danair 727s but felt aggrieved not to chalk a 727 off😒 I did many years later in the USA as an adult.

c01715fec64bc9df83bacbaf1cc48bb17823854f.jpg

Back
Top Bottom