Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

General aviation/airplane news and chat

I did Lyneham to MPA in a C-130...

Decent stopover at ascension: went for a swim in the Atlantic, had a BBQ, got a bit pissed and slept in some moderately decrepit transit accommodation, grabbed another swim in the morning and then jumped on the plane for the ENDLESS flight flight down south.

Had a massive shit when we got to MPA...

The stratocumulus layers and apparent parallax suggest, for an observer at typical cruise altitude, that the observed object is something in the range 20-40km away (not untypical for air traffic side-stepping a launch at Canaveral, say). Reportedly the original flight plan was in the vicinity of the observed SLBM trajectory. Cathay Pacific deny any knowledge of such an event. Chinese authorities did release a very general, sweeping NOTAM that may have been relevant.

Watched it from the south bank. lots of planes, big ones and small, and some helicopters including a triple wokka treat. Didn’t know it was coming, the kids were well excited.

Missed the fly past. As I have bored on about before they usually fly right over my house but we were in Ireland. Swings and roundabouts I guess.

Lancman 18 Shackletons. That must have looked and sounded incredible from the ground. Mad fun in the air.

Battle of Britain memorial flight are down at Torbay airshow tomorrow. Sadly I’m not able to make it as I’m at a rugby match. Annoying to miss it. Next year hopefully :)

I am feeling a huge surge of relief...

I tested positive for Covid (PCR) on the 30th May when I was working on a ship. By the 9th June I had a negative antigen test and a job came up in Valparaiso...never one to turn down interesting travel, I looked at the Foreign Office website (and say what you like about Liz (fucking) Truss, their website is excellent for up-to-date Covid information-I just couldn't verify this until the check-in desk as Chile's government websites are shite..). I discovered that a positive PCR between 30 and 10 days prior to travel means I can pull out the "recovering from Covid" joker, whatever my pre-flight PCR test said. I got a negative PCR on Saturday, much to my surprise. So, yesterday I flew to Santiago de Chile, after discovering I needed to complete a passenger information form...not optimised for a cellphone at the airport. My client kindly said he would book a hotel, but had not told me which one.....it's OK, he was sending a driver too. I inserted a random hotel as my address and managed to mis-type my passport number. On arrival they notice my fuck-up and pull me aside for free on-arrival PCR test! Things are sort of fixed after an hour and I get in. I've just been terrified of what will happen if I get a positive test, and they can't find me at the Palermo hotel in some small town in Chile. I just checked and I'm NEGATIVE....no deportation to Rwanda! I am so relieved (unlike most folk, I know and rather like Kigali, but not as a potential deportation destination for ANYONE) and I think I'm in the clear. The client just visited to advise of a weather delay and brought me a bottle of Carmenere...the ups and downs of international travel...I can sleep sound tonight!

I appreciate your forbearance, I needed to tell someone ;)

Oops!

They crashed one of "my" planes. No one hurt apparently.

When we were being trained they said there is a potential for the Rapide to go nose down if loaded incorrectly, I wonder is that what happened? Will find out at some point I guess.

1655635456423.png

Has anyone ever visited Norwich aviation museum here? Might be passing be soon so curiousity might get the better of me.

Biden announced today two new squadrons of F35As coming to Lakenheath near me, afaik that’s 48 aircraft, in addition to the 48 already programmed which have just started arriving. :oldthumbsup:

Back
Top Bottom