Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

General aviation/airplane news and chat

Another Robinson experiences rapid unscheduled disassembly. Still not getting one.
They nearly refused to sell anymore to New Zealand as the kiwis crashed so many doing frankly insane things like using valleys like skate ramps apparently to gain altitude. Apprantly start one side powerdive to the valley floor and ride the the ground effect up the other side!!!!!
and underslinging loads neither of which is reccomended.😲

F35 recovered from the bottom of the South China Sea (12,400 feet depth).

Given that the Chinese already have a reasonable (if inferior to the US) knowledge of stealth technology, and that this bird has spent weeks under water which surely fucked up a lot of equipment & software beyond recovery, I wonder if it would have been worth for them trying to scoop it up the bottom of the sea anyway...

Even these space age walkways can't detract from the hideous sixties concrete monstrosity that is CDG airport. I've seen nicer looking NCP car parks.

Maybe this is why Paris renamed all its airports to the one "Paris Aéroport" a few years back.

Wonder if that ever confuses anyone?

Sas posted this in the Bandwidth thread, but I thought it was worth leaving it here as well. Very amusing story, and article...

Just like sas, that story’s well old.

Article on the destruction of Mriya here, some finger pointing going on as to why it wasn't moved to Leipzig before the Russians arrived all guns blazing.

In 1957, Marlon Green, an Air Force pilot, applied to be a Continental Airlines pilot. Green had applied to other airlines but was rejected each time. When he filled out his application for Continental, he left the “race” box unchecked. Green made it to the final round of interviews but was not hired, even though he had more flight time than the other candidates who were white.

Green filed a complaint with the Colorado Anti-Discrimination Commission, a landmark case that ended up in the United States Supreme Court which ruled in Greens favor and helped dismantle racial discrimination in the American passenger airline industry.

While David Harris was the first Black pilot hired with a major airline, Marlon Green’s fight for the right to be in the flight deck cleared a path for generations of Black pilots to come. In 2010, Continental dedicated a 737 named for Captain Marlon Green. The aircraft, N77518, still flies for United today.

AAA.JPG

I'm surprised that an airline would allow smoking in an aircraft.

There's a good ACI about this.

Just a trailer here but I'm sure you can find the full episode somewhere.

I'm surprised that an airline would allow smoking in an aircraft.

Passengers on Chinese airlines regularly tell of clouds of smoke wafting from the cockpit, on long haul, international flights as well as domestic.

Afaik Boeing and Airbus still include ashtrays in cockpits, they also do in the passenger cabin’s lav doors.

Passengers on Chinese airlines regularly tell of clouds of smoke wafting from the cockpit, on long haul, international flights as well as domestic.

Afaik Boeing and Airbus still include ashtrays in cockpits, they also do in the passenger cabin’s lav doors.
More to do with “if you must smoke, put them out here safely” isn’t it?

Back
Top Bottom