Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

General aviation/airplane news and chat

Pilot from crashed plane in US pulled to safety moments before train hit​

Fuck me. If you see that in an action film you’d roll your eyes at the implausibility of it all.

Lucky to be alive doesn’t begin to cover it. Imagine how rotten it would have felt (for the last few seconds of you life anyway) to find yourself bloody and injured but still alive after experiencing a plane crash, only to notice a 500-ton metal convoy fast approaching your position.

BA’s Sale is on. I haven’t explored it yet at any depth, but have already noticed there are some decent business class flights up for grabs. Various European destinations at around the £250- £300 range, which seems to me a good value for money to rack up Avíos and tier points for not much more than an economy seat would cost.

I think I might risk booking a trip to Spain for March. Can’t imagine restrictions will be worse anywhere in Europe than they are now.

I wish I’d used a good travel agent! If it wasn’t for everything being billed in USD I would still use Melinda from Houston…an hour on hold to Air France and Skype cut me off. I’m now on my way to Porto airport in the hope there is an AF ticket desk to help me with my Paris Rio flight. Work will change my itinerary with a ship inspection in the Canary Islands 👍 so I need to put my return flight back..but I need Mr. PN to fly on the original day…a few quid extra for an agent to deal with this is money well spent..at least I booked direct with AF..imagine dealing with SkyScanner for this!

I wish I’d used a good travel agent! If it wasn’t for everything being billed in USD I would still use Melinda from Houston…an hour on hold to Air France and Skype cut me off. I’m now on my way to Porto airport in the hope there is an AF ticket desk to help me with my Paris Rio flight. Work will change my itinerary with a ship inspection in the Canary Islands 👍 so I need to put my return flight back..but I need Mr. PN to fly on the original day…a few quid extra for an agent to deal with this is money well spent..at least I booked direct with AF..imagine dealing with SkyScanner for this!
well, kudos to AF...changed at no extra cost when I finally got through to them. The flexibility of a premium economy ticket just paid for itself.

well, kudos to AF...changed at no extra cost when I finally got through to them. The flexibility of a premium economy ticket just paid for itself.

Glad you got it sorted, Air France are nearly always lovely once you do get through to them. And don’t dwell on all their fares currently having no penalties to change (most airlines have scrapped them due to plague)…you still did well that there’s no fare difference to pay.

Glad you got it sorted, Air France are nearly always lovely once you do get through to them. And don’t dwell on all their fares currently having no penalties to change (most airlines have scrapped them due to plague)…you still did well that there’s no fare difference to pay.
The point remains, a good travel agent is worth their weight in gold when things change…and don’t use cheap intermediaries if you can avoid it.

Back
Top Bottom