Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

General aviation/airplane news and chat

I’d be extraordinarily surprised if summer 2021 in most of Europe is going to be any worse than summer 2020, infection levels-wise at least. If one was allowed to enjoy a holiday to Spain in August last year and even visit restaurants and shops, there’s no way imo that’s not going to be the case this year, what with the vaccine and all.

Even if I had to still isolate at home when I got back home, that’s not going to stop me or millions of others from travelling abroad on holiday. Admittedly weekend breaks are probably not worth doing quite yet...

Well I hope you're right.

I think it's pretty uncontroversial to say that last summer was a massive fuck-up. A total uncontrolled and ill-thought out mess that kicked off a covid-sprial that most of Europe is still neck deep in all these months later.
The EU is in a mess with their vaccination program and whilst he UK is ahead of the game loads of adults won't be properly vaccinated come July and August and they'll be going to countries where vaccination may not be very advanced either. That's without the prospect of some other vaccine side-stepping strain appearing.

If I had to guess I would say that the ski season is a pointer towards the desperate state of a lot of countries and their need for tourism. I suspect the dice are going to be rolled.

From a purely selfish perspective I would love to see a successful summer tourism season not that I'd go away, I rarely do in summer as I want to enjoy every minute of the UK summer. A successful summer would mean to me that normality is back and my big winter away is likely to happen because despite the flight being in December I'm still only 50/50 it will happen.

Bloke who runs a business on the industrial estate down the road from me has decided to buy an old Japan Airlines Boeing 727 to use as a meeting room. It got delivered on the weekend, so I decided to take a detour on my run this morning to have a look.

826EEDDF-A1D1-459C-B665-CDEC659BE1C0.jpeg

Wasn't quite as impressive as I'd hoped.

Bloke who runs a business on the industrial estate down the road from me has decided to buy an old Japan Airlines Boeing 727 to use as a meeting room. It got delivered on the weekend, so I decided to take a detour on my run this morning to have a look.

View attachment 256764

Wasn't quite as impressive as I'd hoped.
What was it like inside? Already kitted out as an office, or still bare?

What was it like inside? Already kitted out as an office, or still bare?
Didn't get close enough to see, but I think it still needs to be done up as it's been sitting up at Cotswold Airport for god knows how long

Found some more pictures of the interior on the Pytch website: PYTCHAir

PytchAir - Interiors - salon1.jpeg

IMG_0697.jpg

20210105_122640.jpg

And this one from when it was first in service:

00001220.jpg

That looks fucking ace . I'd be inclined to do business with any businessman who had an office like that :D

It's amazing how good those seemly tiny narrowbodies can be made to look inside when instead of being crammed with economy seats they're kitted out as flying suites/ luxury business jets. The Sultan of Oman's Vickers VC10 on exhibit at Brooklands Museum is lush inside, even in its dated 1970s fittings.

I wonder if they soon start to have all sorts of problems with damp and condensation though. An aeroplane is designed with an assumption that there's going to be continuous forced ventilation and so on.

I know that railway vehicles have to be kept in warm storage (in some cases with heating plugged in and running) when stored for long periods of time. Wouldn't be surprised if similar applies to an aeroplane body.

Are uncontained engine failures considered an unacceptable/ preventable event within the design parametres of aero engines? Or something that, while obviously dangerous and to be avoided if at all possible, cannot always be prevented by engineering design?

Think its most likely for the hypersonic ARRW missile tests
Do you think this is the tremendous new weapon that Trump, in one of his many pearls of wisdom, bragged about at a press conference much to the displeasure of the Pentagon?

Do you think this is the tremendous new weapon that Trump, in one of his many pearls of wisdom, bragged about at a press conference much to the displeasure of the Pentagon?

MACH 8 missiles are most definitely next seasons must have accessory

Last edited:
Gas jets at the wing tips so no unbalanced torque.
I’ve got a horrible feeling the rotor blade we can see is the only one and the other end just has a counter weight. A more mad flying machine from a lunatic age.

Adl'A C-130H 100' above the Sahara in Mali. Full marks for the Sea Shepherd helmet.

Ewv_v0_WYAQup6d

Back
Top Bottom