Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

GB News: a thread so you never have to watch it

This is a spoof but the question is: where is 4 Takes Wootton?

View attachment 383147
very strange- if he has booked a holiday, they'd know when he is coming back - I don't go on leave at work and just tell them, I'll be back in an unspecified amount of time , they don't say he is unwell, then say get well soon ? And if he's just on his hols or on sick leave, why the plea about his privacy ?

all very :hmm:

Eta
Oh ffs , didn't see the spoof bit 🤣🤣🤣 carry on , nothing to see here 🤣

Last edited:
Did anyone miss him? I don't watch the channel. He’s so vile but maybe he’s popular there.

I could never understand why Lorraine kept him as the Entertainment guy for so long. He’s so counter to her on screen persona which makes you wonder if she’s really just as horrific.

If you're not a cunt, it would be hard to keep a friendship, or even working relationship, with such a terrible cunt.

Why are they still banging on about vaccines? They got what they wanted, everything's back to normal, it's like COVID never happened, so what are they trying to achieve here?
It's the conspiracy theory mentality. "We have special knowledge and the out-group knows nothing". This seems especially true if 'special knowledge' is demonstrably wrong.
See:
Flat Earth
Fake Moon landings
Denying Climate change / global heating.

It's the conspiracy theory mentality. "We have special knowledge and the out-group knows nothing". This seems especially true if 'special knowledge' is demonstrably wrong.
See:
Flat Earth
Fake Moon landings

You forgot, Elvis is still alive.

See:
Flat Earth
Fake Moon landings
For a bunch of free thinkers, they don't half come out with the same stuff sometimes. Or follow the same party line on everything. And of course the Crack Fox and various other GB News twats are claiming that Wootton is innocent and it's a leftie cover-up. Because nice white conservative men never rape.

Neither of the tweets by @KevSutherlandx or @rubytrubes have been taken down, not linking to the actual tweets just in case but you can easily find them. Apparently cease and desist emails/letters have been sent by Wooton's solicitors which as someone has observed are sent when the person concerned doesn't want to go to court. Also this is getting nowhere near the same traction as the Huw Edwards story which in and of itself is suspicious.

Neither of the tweets by @KevSutherlandx or @rubytrubes have been taken down, not linking to the actual tweets just in case but you can easily find them. Apparently cease and desist emails/letters have been sent by Wooton's solicitors which as someone has observed are sent when the person concerned doesn't want to go to court. Also this is getting nowhere near the same traction as the Huw Edwards story which in and of itself is suspicious.
I'm guessing their response will be similar to Arkell vs Pressdram.

In the case of Arkell v Pressdram (1971), the plaintiff was the subject of an article.[65] Arkell's lawyers wrote a letter which concluded: "His attitude to damages will be governed by the nature of your reply." Private Eye responded: "We acknowledge your letter of 29th April referring to Mr J. Arkell. We note that Mr Arkell's attitude to damages will be governed by the nature of our reply and would therefore be grateful if you would inform us what his attitude to damages would be, were he to learn that the nature of our reply is as follows: fuck off."[66] The plaintiff withdrew the threatened lawsuit.[67] In the years following, the magazine would refer to this exchange as a euphemism for a blunt and coarse dismissal, for example: "We refer you to the reply given in the case of Arkell v. Pressdram".[68][69] As with "tired and emotional" this usage has spread beyond the magazine.

To be fair, if, before the scandal, you'd asked most people who Huw Edwards is, they'd probably say the BBC newsreader. Ask anyone who Dan Wooten is and they'd have no clue. Fuck, I only know him through this thread.
OK but I knew who Wooton is before this and I don't watch GB news or buy the Sun.

Sure but in media terms, a story about Dan Wooten would be far less "sensational" than breaking a story about a "national treasure" like Edwards.

Eta: it would be a massive scoop (in terms of their own audience) if GB News were to run with the story. They're missing a trick :D

Of course it is, but that is the state of our media. Wootton is by several levels a much more prominent person in that profession than Huw Edwards is, hence the silence from nearly all of his colleagues (which will almost certainly continue even if he is charged and convicted of a serious criminal offence).

Back
Top Bottom