Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

GB News: a thread so you never have to watch it

GB News is funded by Sir Paul Marshall (father of Winston Marshall) and Legatum. TalkTV is a Murdoch outfit.

As for salaries, I'm not sure but I found this on This Is Money in which Isabel Webster gloats about buying a £1,000 handbag and tells the interviewer:

And

So, she was privately educated and her parents "helped her to pay for a flat".

Let's put it this way, none of their on-air talent have to claim Universal Credit to make ends meet.

I had to look up Marshall and man, what a journey he's been on. His Twitter feed reeks of conspiracism but he started out as Charles Kennedy's staffer. His son is an alt right fan of Andy Ngo as well (he who wrote one of the many Londonistan articles back in the day from a nice bar in Shoreditch). Were they always crazy or did something happen

I had to look up Marshall and man, what a journey he's been on. His Twitter feed reeks of conspiracism but he started out as Charles Kennedy's staffer. His son is an alt right fan of Andy Ngo as well (he who wrote one of the many Londonistan articles back in the day from a nice bar in Shoreditch). Were they always crazy or did something happen
Can that Wikipedia article all be true? The Orange Book casts a long shadow!

The biggest spiv pseudo journalist at Saturdays refugee protest was some oleaginous douche from GB news wearing a cheap covert coat covered in dog hair

He went down the protest line asking for interviews and got chinned off by most people who realised he was a wrong un

Filthy

I've always had my doubts about RB. Always. Never quite believed the schtick. Why answer every question with thirty words when five would do? Why dance around the subject when directness would do? Why elude or evade when you're trying to convince me that only you are talking sense, not politicians or 'those in power'?

The moment that I knew he was a plonker was the appearance in front of a parliamentary committee on drugs. He tried the thesaurus routine and nobody bought it. When confronted by actually smart, genuinely inquisitive minds, he came across as a student who had skimmed through the textbook and was hoping nobody would spot the pilfered direct quotes. It was embarrassing.

He's definitely jumped into the murky waters of the 'terminally online'. I can see him as the next Icke or Coast Guy. Stuck in a conspiracy box of his own creation, throat sore from talking, forcing himself to make one more video despite the strain in his eyes, perhaps wishing that he'd stuck to the mainstream, before firing up the same old boilerplate for an audience he can't see, applause he can't hear.

...has prompted me to ring Ofcom. This is beyond the fucking pale

EDIT, i don't have the broadcast date and time (other than what's on screen) which Ofcom need. Fuck GBN. You can't even report covid misinfo to twitter thanks to the billionaire loon in charge

Looks like it's around this point in yesterday's broadcast

Haven't watched it all - what were you going to complain about? Seems to me the interviewer gets a buzz out of a "verbal" and isn't that concerned about accuracy.
If you ask me this is phase two of the Sputnik/RT playbook.
Get the viewers so confused they think checking the facts is on a par with supporting Millwall, on Man United or whatever.

Of course people agreeing to go on just encourages GB News. Do they pay for publicly humiliating people?

Looks like it's around this point in yesterday's broadcast

Haven't watched it all - what were you going to complain about? Seems to me the interviewer gets a buzz out of a "verbal" and isn't that concerned about accuracy.
If you ask me this is phase two of the Sputnik/RT playbook.
Get the viewers so confused they think checking the facts is on a par with supporting Millwall, on Man United or whatever.

Of course people agreeing to go on just encourages GB News. Do they pay for publicly humiliating people?

The spread of covid lies and misinformation

EDIT complaint made, aren't I the big I am.

Worth a try. I think this outfit needs shutting down at this point, as amusing as it is seeing some of their idiocy from time to time. This wave of anti lockdown crap now spread by Oakeshott is not on

Last edited:
The spread of covid lies and misinformation

Any specific lie in particular?

(Do you mean the Sue Gray one?)

Re: the whole deceitful construction of an alternative narrative, it might be harder to make that stick with a regulator.

Last edited:
Any specific lie in particular?

(Do you mean the Sue Gray one?)

Re: the whole deceitful construction of an alternative narrative, it might be harder to make that stick with a regulator.
I think everything Dolan claimed in that twitter segment I linked has been proven false. The claim Covid isn't a serious illness, that Sweden did well, that lockdown is only ever a bad thing and not a necessary evil (caused in part by the lack of action ahead of time and the dithering that made them last longer).

OFCOM have found against Mark Steyn and GB News - but I don't see a penalty mentioned.

"This is the first breach of our broadcasting rules recorded against GB News since it launched in June 2021. Complaints received about the channel to date total 3,432, representing 3% of all broadcast complaints made to us during this period. Of these 1,665 related to the Covid-19 pandemic."

Back
Top Bottom