Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Gaza under attack yet again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
BDS is, if nothing else, a way of showing that the British public has a different opinion to its political elite. I mean, if Tesco's feels it can't sell settler produce it must have come under some serious pressure. It's imperfect, but in so many other areas we're impotent to influence what is happening.

Actually, for the sake of detail, its not genocide. There are nearly 2 million people in Gaza; this is even now not death on a scale that could be interpreted as a realistic attempt at genocide. It is of no relevance to the issue which was "worse" but it is mad to attempt to make the case that this is "worse".

Look at the map since 46, its genocide, the systematic destruction of a nation and its people palestine.jpg

Last edited:
Oh, well, then they must be Nazi's and nothing like your common or garden nationalists.

Nazi racial ideas morally came from the theological concept of predestination or a chosen superior race which Calvin adopted from the Old testament as did Zionism. The British used the same theology to justify slavery and imperialism, the Orange order is a living example of it.

Fascism does not have this concept.

Last edited:
What positive effect will it have?

BDS is, if nothing else, a way of showing that the British public has a different opinion to its political elite. I mean, if Tesco's feels it can't sell settler produce it must have come under some serious pressure. It's imperfect, but in so many other areas we're impotent to influence what is happening.

I'd add that it is a way of keeping Palestine in our civil discourse, of placing some pressure on those in power and most importantly, allowing us a way of showing solidarity and providing some focus for activity. I mean, we can sit around feeling angry and powerless all we like, but that doesn't help Gaza one iota.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom